KLM In Talks to Retire The A330 Early

KLM To Retire The A330 Early?

KLM, touch airlines and talks to possibly retire there Airbus 330 aircraft early. They were scheduled to retire 13 aircraft from the 330 fleet in 2025, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic, talks have been rising to retire of them early. Another reason why they chose these aircraft specifically it’s not only because they have the oldest, but also because they want a fully Boeing long-haul sleep. As evidence to support this, they had it over all of their Airbus 350 orders to Air France last year, because they wanted the 777X.

15 Likes

Wait, wasn’t the 787 what they were wanting?

3 Likes

Both :)

1 Like

Nooo it was the blue partner to Aerolíneas Argentinas…

I hope that the 777x will be it’s great and long-lasting sucsessor

1 Like

Wow! Hopefully, the KLM A330 sticks around for as long as it can, however, it’s a pandemic and airlines must do what they need to stay operational.

Thank you to all the pilots, crew, ATC, dispatchers, mechanics, airport personnel, and more for working hard putting yourselves at risk and keeping the industry running!

@CaptainZac Great Topic!!! :)

3 Likes

Maybe the aircraft will join the A330 AA and Thomas Cooks graveyard lol
I mean, if airlines are retiring the 757/767 this isn’t that much of a shock to me.

1 Like

No…nonononono… NONONONO
Please No
It’s one of my favorite aircraft😔

2 Likes

no
no
NO
NO
NO

NO

This is so sad to me :(

8 Likes

MMMMMMMM… Touch airlines

I love the A330. Please don’t go. Fly for longer. :(

1 Like

It’s simply very sad how fast all of these planes are retiring now…

2 Likes

I mean they have like 6 or 5 and I saw 1 at FL340 I feel lucky

Maybe you mean fleet?

1 Like

This is very sad because chances are by the time we get it in IF, it will be gone from KLM’s fleet :(

1 Like

Imma miss this baddie at Dulles

2 Likes

Yep. Typo sorry

And thanks to you! Great positioning! I think the same 😊 Be careful

3 Likes

It’s very sad to know that! A330 is one of my favorite aircraft :(
In Infinite Flight he follows a scarce without a rework or addition of other variants such as A332 and new A330neo. I’m sad!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! We’re happy to have you here!

@vixmarinho thank you!!! :)

Stay safe!!! :)