KLM Announces Amsterdam To Austin

Yup.

• KLM will operate flights between Schiphol and Austin from 4 May 2020 on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. These Airbus A330-300 flights offer 30 World Business Class seats, 40 Economy Comfort seats and 222 Economy class seats

• KL0667 departs Schiphol at 12:40 hours and arrives at 16:10 local time in Austin (Austin-Bergstrom International Airport).

• KL0668 departs Austin at 18:00 hours local time and arrives at Schiphol the next day at 10:25 hours.

Thanks to its relations with Delta and its Joint Venture, KLM will be able to fly here.

• KLM has recently added Las Vegas and Boston to its network.

Congrats to KLM and AUS, @Suhas and I think @snoman are probably going crazy right now.

20 Likes

Ooh, new routes to fly!

1 Like

@Suhas, @snoman, @HelloSkyMan it’s started!!!

5 Likes

Finally, a new route from KLM! Glad to see there expanding!

1 Like

Omg guys this is HUGE!

1 Like

May 4, 2019 - May 4, 2020 is probably the best month ever for Austin because both Lufthansa and KLM will have started their flights to Austin

2 Likes

Also @Suhas @BadPlane @HelloSkyMan @Joshua_Kincheloe I think this is especially significant for 3reasons:

1. Austin now has a TATL flight with OneWorld (BA), Star Alliance (Lufthansa), and now SkyTeam (KLM). They also have Norwegian

2. I, and many others were expecting Delta to launch a long haul from Austin, and not one of its SkyTeam members. This means that Delta may still have something in the works (CDG or ICN) 😉!

3. This announcement came just a few weeks after they announced the monetary incentives for AMS and other routes. This suggests these incentives are working!

2 Likes

DFW isn’t worthy? :/

2 Likes

Now we just have to wait for Amsterdam to San Jose ;)

4 Likes

Well the only reason Austin gets it is because of the Austin mini hub with delta

2 Likes

I’m rooting for you!

1 Like

Most likely not anymore.

KLM dropped DFW in… 2015 or 2016?

AA shortly replaced AMS with its own service. Not sure if DFW can sustain two AMS flights.

1 Like

They left in 2014.

AA kicks everyone out of KDFW. Oh, Air China wants to start service to DFW? No! AA increases ZBAA flights to twice daily.

4 Likes

Honestly I don’t get why other airlines even try to compete with AAL in DFW. They literally own the airport XD

1 Like

Not necessarily.

AA can’t just launch a second daily flight to Beijing (at the moment). They have to go through a long application process.

Currently, there’s only 7 weekly frequencies to Beijing that are open for U.S. carriers after AA ended its ORD-PEK route. I believe Delta and United have already expressed interest in the slot.

Although, this will change when Daxing opens.

Also, it looks like KLM axed DFW in December 2015.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article50079765.html

It was sarcasm, but okay.

1 Like

My dad just told me this!!

Yaay!

4 Likes

Wish they came to RDU

Haven’t they flown to Austin before?

1 Like

They have not. SAS did for ACL tho