KLGA TFR question

Hello!

I’ve realized KLGA has a new TFR saying no aircraft larger than a A321/B757

But back like 10-20 years ago, Delta used to fly their 767’s into LGA

I know normally today the largest thing operating was a 757.

My main question is why was it put as the 757, instead of the 767 for the aircraft size restriction?

Thanks,
Aviation2929

2 Likes

I am just assuming whoever put the TFR looked at the current biggest aircraft operating there without going into historic flight.

3 Likes

Agreed with the reply above, most likely they didn’t look at historical data. Even less than 10 years ago, Air Canada had the occasional 767-300 flying to LGA. Delta even had the 767-400 flying there years ago, and of course way before that there were DC-10s and L1011s flying into LGA, so widebodies are no stranger there.

Most likely they just didn’t look at really old data.

3 Likes

The only thing i would like to see changed in game for LGA is its class to be changed to a bravo

1 Like

LGA is a Class Charlie in real-life.

1 Like

Current TFRs should represent current NOTAMs not historical ones!

Notice to Airmen, KLGA used to accommodate 767s but not anymore :)

2 Likes

From what ive been told by a friend who flies for delta its a bravo ive even heard on their atis

1 Like

How can they tell that’s it’s a class Bravo if they’re flying on Delta? jk

(Edit: Yes, it’s a class Bravo airport - see List of Class B airports in the United States - Wikipedia)

1 Like

It’s class Bravo

1 Like

Perhaps I was looking at an old sectional chart, then? It was highlighted by a heavy magenta line which indicates a Class Charlie airspace.

1 Like

Yes after checking wiki

1 Like

Im not sure how long ago that was or when it changed to a bravo

1 Like

But who did? Is it part of realism? Or did IF add it

The Infinite Flight Staff add the TFRs and NOTAMs for events or stuff like this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.