Klax.aviator’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @KCVG

Hi all,

I have recently been practicing my controlling to be eligible for the IFATC team (after a year long break). If you could stop by at the below airport to help I’d appreciate it, as I do need some practice. I will also be posting updates here for other airports and times throughout the week, so please check back!

When: 2021-04-11T23:00:00Z2021-04-12T00:30:00Z
Where: KLGA
Server: Training
Controlling: Ground and Tower

I’ll post active runways and METAR closer to opening.

Thanks (in advance) for helping out!

See posts below for newer controlling times/dates

4 Likes

METAR: KLGA 112234Z 05015KT 6SM -RA BR OVC009 11/09 A2960 RMK AO2 P0002 T01110094

NOTAMs: Use of ILS/GPS approaches reccommended. Landing Runway 4. Departing Runway 13.

Opening in 15 minutes, hope to see you there!

Welcome back to the community! :)

I’ll try to go in a few minutes

1 Like

Thanks everyone who showed up! I will open another airport later this week, and updates will be posted here. See you then.

Feel free to tag me next time!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’ll be opening up again today, details below! @Drxw and others hope to see you there!

When: 2021-04-12T22:30:00Z2021-04-13T00:00:00Z
Where: KIAD

Details:

METAR: KIAD 122152Z 09005KT 10SM FEW050 BKN110 16/10 A2976 RMK AO2 SLP077 T01560100

Opening soon!

1 Like

See you there! Spawning in

1 Like

Hey I was G-ADII

this is my feedback

• When I requested Taxi To RWY 30, you gave me a pushback approved. this is not possible for a propeller aircraft on this sim - propellers do not have the option to pushback so they taxi from the parking spot. When clearing aircraft always check the type of aircraft it is to give the appropriate commands

• on my first pattern I departed from RWY 30 and about 3nm upwind I requested a RWY change to RWY 1L. you gave me a cleared for the option command, this shouldn’t be the case. whenever an aircraft takes off from the Rwy to be in the pattern you must give a sequencing (if applicable) and a clearance and no traffic direction after the touch and go as they had already received one on takeoff

However in my case I asked for a Rwy change you should give a pattern entry, sequencing ( if applicable) and a clearance with a traffic direction)

• I did my touch and go on the Rwy and didn’t go below 70kts. You gave me a exit Rwy command which wasn’t needed as I didn’t hit 30-40 kts nor did I announce full stop. You should see how the situation plays out and then give them command, don’t rush in too much. But I like your proactivity it shows your aware and paying attention.

• For my second pattern I asked for another Rwy change this time to 1C and you did the same thing.

Do not feel discouraged but take this as encouragement to learn more. I recommend you to check out the ATC manual. also on the IF YouTube channel Tyler Shelton provides an awesome ATC test Example where he shows how pattern work should be organised. this will help a lot, after passing your written test I recommend you getting an IFATC trainer this will help a lot.

Good luck and see you in the skies!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

You still open?

Hi everyone, opening again. See below!

When: 2021-04-19T02:00:00Z2021-04-19T03:30:00Z
Where: KCVG

Details:

Coming soon

Hope to see y’all there! @Populeux_Music @Drxw

Note: Time and Date change

Open now! Come join!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.