KJFK V42: Work in progress!

With 3d biuldings

No, not with 3D buildings. Or at least not if the next update doesn’t support it.

More gates then

Yes, there will most likely be new gates. I have not been involved with JFK, only some other airports.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the 3d biuldings update

@Maxpap 3D buildings are not included, sorry if I made you think that by misunderstanding. Maybe in the future if FDS decides to add them.

@Samuel123abc I’ve redone the whole airport from scratch. That basically means the airport is now on the best level of quality we can currently achieve.

Yea, i know :) I am part of the team

I used KJFK recently and was really difficult to maneuver there due to not knowing where were the taxiways to access the runway.
What new features will the airport have on the next update?

1 Like

Charts for KJFK and terminals and liveries complete: http://kiltmchaggis.com/tikiwiki1/tiki-index.php?page=KJFK

Your charts have given me lots of help. but could you please enlarge the map and change the green lines for yellow taxi lines? So as to see better.

This map is primarily for gate location. I can build some ATC maps like http://kiltmchaggis.com/tikiwiki1/tiki-index.php?page=ATCKLAXN ?

Me too. xD

Will you also be working on KLGA?

I need only a map with the taxiway lines, I used yours to guide me through JFK yesterday and, or the airport has missing taxiways, or I read wrongly your map.

2 Likes

I will complete this if you like. Be warned! This is the latest release which I hope will be pushed to production soon. It may not be exactly what is in production just now but it WILL be the new true representation of KJFK. Hope this is/will be useful. I am currently cataloging all of the airpirts as we ‘fix’ them. I am currently redoing KMIA just now as there were a few ‘rumblings’ recently. Glad to help.

1 Like

I will post a screenshot to show you what I mean. I saw some taxiways on KMIA that don´t line up. Also on PHNL.

1 Like

1 Like

KMIA is being reworked to be one large slab of concrete with holes cut out. This way there will be NO GAPS

2 Likes

The first one is of Honolulu´s taxiway crossing a runway, it doens´t line up (just to point that out).
The second one is from JFK. I tried going for the beginning of Runway 13R, but I can´t because the missing line.

1 Like