KJFK issue with pilot - needs attention

Sorry in advance if this needs to be moved.

Flying into KJFK, Expert server, there is a pilot sitting on the runway, not moving. No connection issues. Just sitting there. Forcing aircraft to go around.
Is there a way or is there a protocol for this?

There will be a system ghosting for him for sitting on the runway without any action for more than 60 seconds.

1 Like

Gotcha. Well he must be getting it because he was sitting there for a good minute as I was parking at the gate.

I disconnected to post and ask.

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

80 seconds, but still.

He’s not there anymore either way. Whether the system ghost took place or something else.

4 Likes

He must have been ghosted. He literally pulling onto the runway when I landed, sat there while the Thai was trying to land and forced him to go around, and was still there while I was parking.

1 Like

Thanks.

In the future you can send a PM to @ moderators and someone will take a look.

2 Likes

On a side note. How does the ghosting work for sitting on a runway for a long time if you were instructed to wait and line up and then it takes a bit before you are cleared for take off. Does the system know that or could you get hit with a ghosting?

2 Likes

It does not take effect with active ATC (no time limit if told to LUAW).

4 Likes

Awesome, wasn’t aware. Thanks!
I’ve been around on the board for events and stuff but haven’t posted really so wasn’t sure where the right time and place for this was.

Thanks as well @Tim_B and @Gabe_Z

1 Like