King of the Hill | Spotting @KEGE 12/26/20

Hello!
I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and staying healthy! Back in November, I made plans to go spotting at my local airport, the Eagle County Regional Airport, with a friend as the airport would once again roar back to life! With winter service resuming the week before and the holidays bringing in thousands of skiers from around the world, flights would be in a constant stream on one of the busiest days of the year! Last Saturday, me and my buddy traveled all around the airport to different spotting locations as flights poured in and out of the airport. As many of you know, the Eagle County Regional Airport has some very unique spotting locations including the mountainside next to runway 25. This is where we spent most of our time because the lighting and backdrop for aircraft departing the airport made for some stunning photos! In my opinion, of course I am biased as this is my most frequented location for spotting, the mountainside spot is one of the best in the world especially in the winter! Anyways, here are a select few of the photos (1100 to be exact) that I took on this beautiful day! Be on the lookout for a part 2 to this topic coming soon.

A United Airlines Boeing 737-700 (N14704) banking after departure as it begins a flight to Chicago:

A United Airlines Boeing 757-200 (N13138) heading back to Newark:

A Delta Airlines Boeing 757-200 (N6713Y) on short final from Atlanta:

A United Airlines Boeing 737-700 (N27722) departing for Houston:

The following two photos are of Delta Airlines flight 2163 (N6713Y) lifting off and departing for a flight back to Atlanta:

A Learjet 45 (N1245L) departing for Kansas City:

An American Airlines Airbus A319 (N9016) departing for Dallas:

A Bombardier Global 7500 (N212WQ) on short final from Teterboro:

A Gulfstream G200 (N251LB) exits runway 25 after landing from Telluride:

All photos were taken with a Canon Rebel T6 (75-300mm lens)

Other Spotting Topics

Pictures You Can Hear | Spotting @Luke Air Force Base 12/9/20

Tankers, Helitack, VLATs, and Slurry Drops | Grizzly Creek Fire Air Attack Spotting AUG-OCT 2020

Golden Skies of Summer | Spotting @KDEN 6/16/20

Close Up with a HH-60 Pave Hawk!

A Change of Scenery | Spotting @KDEN 5/16/20 PART 2

A Change of Scenery | Spotting @KDEN 5/16/20 PART 1

Convincing the Colorado National Guard to Flyover my Town!

Thank You Healthcare Workers! | Special Helicopter Spotting

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 2

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 1

On the Hillside | Spotting @KEGE 2/29/20

A Day at Sky Harbor | Spotting @KPHX 2/13/20

Busy Winter Day | Spotting @KEGE 12/21/19

Spotting @KGWS 10/19/19 EAA Rally

Be sure to check out my Instagram! You can view more photos taken by me here: πŸ‘‡

https://www.instagram.com/wattsup_jet/?hl=en

Thank you for viewing my photos! If you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions, I would love to hear them! Also, comment your favorite below! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

43 Likes

Would you mind if I used this as my screensaver? Amazing shots, the low banks at Eagle are really nice.

1 Like

Awesome pictures! A bit blue for my taste, maybe if you want to warm them a bit next time. I wish I had a backdrop like that.

1 Like

Sure! I can send you an edit without the copyright if you would like!

1 Like

Sure, that would be great.

1 Like

Thanks! I did warm them a little but I always worry about overusing it lol

1 Like

Very cool wattsy

1 Like

Thank you Tyler πŸ₯°

1 Like

i see mountain and plane I like, very cool

1 Like

spicyyyyyyy

1 Like

Yes it is πŸ˜‚

1 Like

I saw that first 737-700 land in ORD! Great shots!

1 Like

Jeeeeez, these are super good! Keep up the great work! :)

1 Like

Really?! That’s cool!

Thanks πŸ˜„

First shot is spectacular 😍😍

1 Like

Wow, those are great! I’m actually in Eagle right now for skiing tomorrow at Copper. Where did you get those photos?
Did you spot on Cooley Mesa Rd?

1 Like

Wowza Watts! These photos are amazing!

1 Like

Sort of. There are multiple locations along Cooley Mesa that I use. First is the mountainside which I mentioned above. For this you have to hike up the mountain a bit to overlook the airport. The second spot is in the Rental Car Overflow lot. It is fairly close to the terminal so if you are flying out of Eagle and wanted to spot before your flight, this spot is great. The third is on top of a sledding hill next to the Costco. Here is a screenshot of a map I have that I am using for a spotting guide on spotterguide.net of the spots if you need them.

I hope that helps πŸ˜‚

1 Like

I’ve flown in and out of EGE several times and it’s quite an experience! That bank directly after takeoff is always fun. Great shots!

1 Like

Thanks so much! That definitely helps!

1 Like