KEWR Marking

Is this marking supposed to be on the ground? image Notice how it says “AMELIA”. @Kilt_McHaggis

1 Like

@carmalonso

Actually yes

1 Like

Amelia Earhart has a relationship with the airport so seems likely it’d be painted in

3 Likes

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Not on the runway. This is a permanent feature at this airport. 😜 These are the named parking hardstands at this airport. Amelia and Lindy

3 Likes

Yes, you’re not allowed to do so, but if it’s part of the real life airport then it must be included. It’s not like they put “Follow my Twitter plz,” it’s an accurate airport marking.

(I meant to reply to @Rotate 's reply. Sorry, Kilt!)

1 Like

I take my editing seriously 😀

3 Likes

Btw how do you like the redesign of KEWR? It was a full redo

1 Like

I think it is a great job done. Only one question: where are the heavy gates?

By heavy gates do you mean jetways? We have to remove those as per Philippe’s request.

What I meant to say was heavy parking (777, etc). Sorry for the confusion!

Not sure what you are looking for. The satellite shows larger aircraft in a variety of spots. There is no way to mark this up on the airport in the current form. It would be possible to mark these maps up.
http://kiltmchaggis.com/tikiwiki1/tiki-index.php?page=KEWR

Umm… Not sure about that. I don’t draw anything, mainly due to the inaccuracy of lines once they render into Infinite Flight. Cameron/Philippe can define the rules.

If there a desire for me to provide marked up maps showing which equipment is useable at which gate for the larger airports (obviously not in IF itself)

1 Like

Nearly every heavy coming from overseas parks at Terminal B.

1 Like

@Rotate… Max Sez…Now here come the pot correcting the kettle again. “Rule”. What stinkin rules. No rule is hammered in stone and if it where and the situation dictated the man with the Biggest Pen Rules. I like it, it’s historically significant as @Boeing707 noted and the aerial photo negates any and all blather!

1 Like

Text removed. Will no longer exist in next update.