Kenya Airways Stowaway Falls at London

A 787-8 Kenya Airways Flight 100 from Nairobi landed safely at Heathrow on Sunday after a stowaway fell from the sky who was in a landing gear. He was found on a sidewalk at Offerton Road, South London, where he was was found dead and was one meter away from a sunbather. The sidewalk has a permanent dent from the fall. Apparently in the landing gear there was a bag, water, and some food. Temperatures outside the plane’s altitude could reach under -57 degrees celcius. The plane was over 3575ft high when the stowaway dropped. The police stated that he was like a block of ice when he was found. A neighbor said it sounded like a whomp when he hit the ground.

Here is a first-hand account of what happened: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9417223/sunbather-stowaway-fell-3500ft-kenya-airways-jet-shock/amp/

Sources:

I will edit this forum more later on.

5 Likes

Freaky to think a dead man falling from the sky might’ve killed you if you were only a meter over.

3 Likes

Question how do these stowaways survive freezing temperatures and 20 percent air pressure compared to sea level? I have always wondered this.

1 Like

He probably was already dead in that temperature, then he fell

That would make sense. I do sometimes hear stories about them surviving and it makes me wonder if they find some place where it is safe underneath the plane.

1 Like

That’s usually what happens, they pass out once the plane gets to cruise alt. When the landing gear is extended the body drops. It’s happened a few times, flights from Africa are the usual culprits.

4 Likes

Definitely, 7 hours in those temperatures is un-survivable.

2 Likes

You could I guess with the right equipment but it is much easier to just buy the plane ticket.

1 Like

Wonder how he didnt think of that

1 Like

Some people can’t afford plane tickets and resort to things like this. It’s not fair to say “…it’s much easier to just buy the plane ticket.”

3 Likes

Yeah but the guy killed himself. Ive been to Kenya and I know it’s poor. For him to survive his journey to the UK he would need to buy a ticket.

2 Likes

Everyone would need to buy a ticket. Its common sense. However due to lack of knowledge not many know that the landing gear bay is not heated and would assume that it is.

1 Like

He did not “kill himself”. It’s not fair to say that either since we don’t know.

And I’m sure he has his reasons. Again, not fair to say “it’s much easier to buy a plane ticket” since we don’t know the story

2 Likes

It’s likely he doesn’t even have a right to enter the UK with a Visa also.

1 Like

True. He was looking for a better life I think but I don’t think the way he tried to do it was the best.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.