Kendell Airlines (Ansett) CRJ-200

This is a livery request to be added with the upcoming CRJ update

Hey everyone,
Since the older thread got closed, here is a newer, more up to date one!

*credit to Simon Coates

Kendell was the largest regional airline in Australia. It was founded in 1967 by Don Kendell as Premair Aviation, based out of Wagga Wagga. In 1971, the airline was renamed to Kendell Airlines. Kendell was the first airline in the Southern Hemisphere to operate the Saab 340. Ansett purchased the airline around 1990, and became a regional affiliate of Star Alliance. Kendell ceased operations in 2001 alongside the collapse of Ansett Australia. In 2002, Kendell and sister airline Hazelton Airlines were sold to Australiawide Airlines, now operating as Rex Regional Express.

Learn more about Kendell here: https://www.regionalexpress.com/AboutRex/OurCompany/kendell.aspx

Ansett Australia was the second largest Australian airline, and largest domestic airline in Australia. It was founded in 1936 by Reg Ansett as Ansett Airways, an offshoot of his road transport business. Ansett later rebranded to Ansett Australian National Airways (Ansett-ANA) in 1957, then Ansett Airlines in 1968, and to Ansett Australia in 1991. Ansett became a Star Alliance member in 1999 and was the official carrier for the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Due to financial issues, Ansett collapsed on 13 September 2001. Some domestic/regional services continued using Saab 340 and Airbus A320 aircraft until 4 March 2002. Ansett’s aircraft leasing arm is now one of the world’s largest commercial jet aircraft leasing companies - Ansett Worldwide Aviation Services. Ansett’s training centres and simulators are now owned and operated by Ansett Aviation Training, the largest aviation training company in the Southern Hemisphere. Hazelton Airlines and Kendell Airlines were purchased by what is now known as Rex Regional Express. Skywest Airlines is now known as Virgin Australia Regional Airlines. Aeropelican was sold to Rex and is now known as FlyPelican. Ansett New Zealand was purchased by Qantas and operated as Qantas New Zealand (now Jetconnect).

Other subsidiaries of Ansett which had previously ended operations include East-West Airlines, Ansett W.A., Airlines of New South Wales, Airlines of South Australia, Ansett Express and Ansett Air Freight.

Ansett Australia (and subsidiaries) collapsed due to:

Poor management by Air New Zealand, who purchased the airline in 1995
Old aircraft and grounded fleets due to maintenance issues
Too many aircraft types
Rising oil prices
The September 11 attacks (2 days prior)
Increasing competition, especially created by the launch of Impulse Airlines (now Jetstar) and Virgin Blue
Read more about Ansett’s history here: http://www.afteransett.com/ansett-australia-history/

Kendell Airlines operated a total of 12 CRJ-200s (delivered between 1999 and 2001) to Melbourne Tullamarine, Canberra, Albury, Rockhampton, Launceston, Sydney and other airports on the east coast of Australia.

So please Devs! Add this amazing, historic, Australian Livery to the new CRJ update!

Btw Developers, I have an army of Australian users which will stand by my side to make sure this livery gets added. We are just letting you know we will not go down without a fight!

What do we want? Kendell CRJ-200
When do we want it? When the update is released for the CRJ please :)

😒

8 Likes

I am stupid, sorry I’ll fix now

2 Likes

Fine now. Anyway yes we definitely need this livery in the upcoming rework! Would vote but I’ve reached max votes

4 Likes

Beautiful! I don’t know how this couldn’t be added!

2 Likes

Also, if anyone wants to read up about it:

https://www.regionalexpress.com/AboutRex/OurCompany/kendell.aspx

There’s a nice article

2 Likes

Ah ansett. A supposedly great airline which was iconic in Aussie aviation.
Voted

3 Likes

Nah mate, I have voted, let’s get it in!

4 Likes

Such a wonderful livery and airline! Would be awesome to fly around Australia in! Earned my vote :)

4 Likes

Voted! I’m not personally a fan of the CRJ Series, no hate plz but since they’re being added to the game we should have an Australian livery! It will definitely add diversity to the game.

5 Likes

I love this livery cause the tail is something cool

2 Likes

Can someone bump this? Thanks

2 Likes

Well I guess when it’s added we won’t have to bump it up

4 Likes

We are the Kendell CRJ warriors!

4 Likes

That built this town!

3 Likes

We did I thought we built this topic but if we did build a town we are good

3 Likes

It would be great to have some more Australian liveries, yes.

7 Likes

I like the Kendell CRJ

4 Likes

Why are there so many people with the same photo?!? This is messing me up

5 Likes

Because we want the Kendell CRJ.

5 Likes