KDEN troubles

I never like flying out of Denver or Landing in Denver because the taxi from some runways is REALLY FAR. I often find myself getting lost and taking a lot of time to find the runway and ramp. Anybody else have this problem?

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to make this better, but you can vote for airport taxiway charts here:

There is one way though. You could use LiveFlight and see where you’re taxiing towards.

3 Likes

It’s hard but if you only fly out of Denver (IF and IRL) you get to know everything easily. But I see why, I get lost at some other airports.

1 Like

KDEN is a confusing airport, I bet @DEN_Airport can help you, he knows best.

2 Likes

You can use airport charts… Just type: “ICAO Airport Diagram”.

2 Likes

I sometimes use satellite view on FR24 and zoom in and follow that. It works well enough

1 Like

If I’m at an airport I’m unfamiliar with I use Infinate tracker on a separate device so I can see where I am on the airport and its easier to track where you are going. Also use it for when I’ve landed to find my way to the cargo apron.

2 Likes

You can also use the free camera to get an overhead view of the airport, and then use that to memorize a path that you can take to get to the runway/terminal.

1 Like

I can help you. Hence my name lol

2 Likes

Go in free cam mode so you can go find the gates. It isn’t that hard. Land in the inner runways or fly over the airport at 3kAGL prior to entering a downwind for a runway so you can find it that way.

airnav.com has charts for all US airports. Here’s the link for KDEN.

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KDEN

I can help as well. PM me if you need help with any runways
(I’m a denver local lol)

1 Like

skyvector has charts for US airports. Not the ones with parking spots though.

1 Like

If I might suggest one thing here: Preperation is the absolute key to finding your way around large airports. Check charts or satellite images from your runway to your gate or vice versa and in 99% of the cases you’ll be able to go where you need to without any issues. (Of course that’s not always helping at unfamiliar airports, but it’s still very helpful).

1 Like