KDEN open?

I saw that KDEN was one of the hubs that had to be staffed, but there’s no ATC there at the moment. I understand that ATC are volunteers but I thought on Friday night flight all hubs had to be opened before others were open, e.g. Frankfurt is open now and it isn’t a hub whereas Denver isn’t open and it’s listed as a hub. Should be arriving in Denver in about 1 hour 30 minutes

It’s possible that Denver was open when someone decided to open Frankfurt, meaning that all hubs may have been open at the time when someone was looking to control Frankfurt, so they could. If they’re controlling there and a hub airport ends up closing, we don’t force them to close as well.

3 Likes

I was just using that as an example, was just wondering why Denver wasn’t open when it was listed as a hub that’s all

Like you mentioned, ATC staffing is voluntary and yes it is required that hubs are staffed before other airports, controllers may choose to staff certain hubs before others! I’m sorry to hear that you did not receive atc service at Denver for your landing. This should help answer your query along with the prior explanation. If you have any other atc related questions, feel free to PM me any time and I will do my best to respond! I hope you enjoyed your flight. Have a great rest of your day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.