KC-135 Stratotanker

The KC-135 Stratotanker is a refueling aircraft based off the same airframe as the 707. It is just one of 6 fixed wing aircraft in the USAF with more than 50 years of servace. Here’s some good facts about it!

Fun Facts:

Max Altitude: (unable to find, anyone know what it is?)

Max Speed: 580

Range: 1,503 mi

Number built: 803

Engine type: varies (multiple re-engines have occurred)

Extra Facts: it can transfer enough fuel through the boom to fuel a typical family car for more than a year. The air frame has over 500,000 rivets. The tires have more rubber than 100 typical car tires. The cargo space separate from the refueling is equivalent to over 220 typical car trunks.

And the Pittsburgh livery would be great but one request, I know…

Thanks for reading!

Max altitude is 50.000 feet.

Source

5 Likes

I am re is already one for that KC-135.

3 Likes

One day when the 707 gets added, this could be added like the KC-10 was added with the DC-10. I don’t see the 707 coming anytime soon however. Lots of more popular things need to come

2 Likes

What? Whare did you find that, I searched?!

2 Likes

I’d love to see the 707 series! Great request!!

6 Likes

That one is almost two years old…

1 Like

Still a duplicate. One of them should be closed.

2 Likes

I did not see it!?

1 Like

Old one closed. Moving on.

3 Likes

Thanks, sorry about that!

3 Likes

Thanks for the support, one of the best aircraft ever made, awesome to see these buzzing around Pittsburgh all the time!

2 Likes

Photo credits: http://www.airliners.net

No complaints from me look at these other sister variations of the 707 that could go with this request.

KC-135
RC-135
E-3A
E-3C

Just to name a few.

11 Likes

Just want to bring attention to small details that make KC-135 different from 707. KC-135 has narrower fuselage than 707 by 4 inches. Boeing wanted to keep 707’s fuselage at same size as KC-135, but Airlines wanted it bigger to fit 6 seats abreast.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=591921

E versions are based on 707, not KC-135. Tankers from other countries are actually 707, not 135 so this could get complicated. Seem like 135 might have it’s own place in the list, not combined with 707 like KC-10 with DC-10F.

5 Likes

He’s gotta point. I think it was designed on the Dash-80. Look it up ;)

3 Likes

@nativetoalaska and @Deaf are right, I will re word that, it is based off the same airframe as the 707 is, sorry about the in acuracy! 😉

1 Like

Lets keep it the the KC 135 thise are diffrent with diffrent porpoises, this is for the 135 not 707 varients…

But cool aircraft I would love to see none the less! Might I suggest making requests for those?

3 Likes

In someway I would like this. My dad actually flies these, and is a lientunet curnol and the commander of the 336th air refueling squadron. (It’s a reservist sqd that’s how he also flies for FedEx) however it’s an old plane, and I would never fly it. So it’s not a vote from me. Sorry.

2 Likes

That would be a cool plane to fly around!

2 Likes

I would definitely fly this!

2 Likes