KC-10A Extender Issues

Device: iPad Pro
Operating system: iOS 15.5

Today, I was carrying out routine GAF aerial refueling operations, and noticed there was an issue with the boom operating station, as well as the elevator and rudders on the boom.

I will start off by showing the boom operating station issue. When the boom is put down, the boom operating station does not open, I will post a before 22.4 image with what is supposed to happen, and an after 22.4 image that shows the error.

——————

Before 22.4:

As you can see, the boom operating station is opened/exposed when the boom is down. This allows for the boom operator to see what they are doing.

After 22.4:

As can be seen, the boom operating station is not open/exposed, and this can be an annoyance, especially when trying to place interior cameras, or general realism.

——————

Now, I will give similar examples, but for the elevator/rudder issue on the KC-10.

Before 22.4:

Here is a gorgeous C-17 receiving some fuel. The elevator and rudders on the boom are accurate and look amazing.

After 22.4:

The images above show how horrific the elevator/rudders look on the boom. They are at the incorrect angle. The elevator/rudders before 22.4 was released were accurate and BEAUTIFUL.

——————

Hopefully this will be fixed soon so we can enjoy tanker operations with realism!

10 Likes

Have to comment to keep this topic alive and so the issue is fixed and acknowledged.

3 Likes

Keeping this alive

2 Likes

This is a minor issue that doesnt need much attention tbh… how about we worry about more important issues?

Hi there,

This will be addressed when we eventually get around to reworking the KC-10. There’s no need to bump a topic regularly to ‘keep it alive’ though.

1 Like

This is an important issue for those who use the tanker frequently.

1 Like

I’m keeping it alive as to my extent of knowledge, the topic was not acknowledged until I talked to someone on the beta team. This is a simple issue that CAN be potentially fixed in the next update.

Arent you wondering why you have to keep it alive all by yourself??? Maybe thats trying to tell you something…

No, people care, thing is nobody from the development team has responded or cared enough.

Kai is part of the development team :)

Let’s not turn this into a discussion about bumping posts please.

@KaiM Did the current option for the boom disappear or am I blind ?

1 Like

Yeah heard Jinks mention it.

I don’t understand how this is a “minor issue” but whatever, to each is own…hoping for a KC-10 rework soon or another tanker drogue equipped for the new F-18!

1 Like

Well it’s a minor issue because GAF members are the only people that truly care and use military aircraft 😹

3 Likes

I bet that would change if we had more military aircraft with 3D cockpits…👀

777 with working instruments or a C-17 with no cockpit? 😂 Pretty sure we know what everyone would pick lol

1 Like

Well we complain the least and receive the least, we just have to make things work with the little we have. That’s the unfortunate truth.

1 Like

Well hang on, you’re talking about one very small issue (the rudder, which realistically is a very small change and certainly not something we did deliberately) compared to a much more important issue with not being able to lower the boom. The latter has been fixed but did not make it into this hotfix, I’ll see whether we push another one, otherwise it’ll be included with 22.5. I understand that’s not ideal, but we’re not going to push an update for just one issue like this.

1 Like

Yup, I don’t have it as well

I don’t have the actions button, so I can’t even lower the boom

Looks like they decided to remove the boom features entirely and ruin it even more