KBWI gets a $60 million expansion

Baltimore/ Washington international has announced a planned expansion of the airport. The expansion will include a new baggage claim system. As BWI being my home airport I know that baggae claim can be very chaotic with endless arrivials on each one! The expansion will also include an expansion of hub airline Southwest, terminal A, which includes 5 new gates. The project has been fast tracked

6 Likes

All of this growing and expansion here at BWI is sure to make people like our neighbor @anon66442947 who love the Next Gen flight paths very happy.

3 Likes

@anon66442947 why did it take you this long to pay your tab man?

3 Likes

Awesome! BWI is also my home airport, and this expansion will be great! Can’t wait to see the completed project!

1 Like

BWI is my second home airport. Love that it’s getting an upgrade.

1 Like

Do you know when the upgrade will be released?

1 Like

I meant expansion, it is an upgrade in the sense that the baggage system is getting better and more gates.

2 Likes

That’s nice,the small airports with those notorious baggage waits are annoying but they fact that they are upgrading are expanding it (idk which )
BWI should be a bit more convenient:)

1 Like

I flew out of KBWI going to KPHX and its one of my favorite airports i’ve been too :)

1 Like

I’ve been there once and that was when I was like 2 years old
So I have no clue how good or bad BWI is lol

1 Like

Should be completed by 2020

It’s a fairly nice airport

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.