Kat's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ CYYZ

INTRODUCTION
A little bit about myself, since I am mostly a lurker around these parts. Hi there, I’m Kat, and I use my name only. I am an aviation fanatic out of Alberta, Canada, and my two home airports currently are CYYC and CYEG, but previously in my childhood also VVNB and YSSY. I am currently a university student studying engineering, but I expect this to not last very long as my love for aviation grew and overtook any thoughts about engineering long ago. I will soon be applying for NAV Canada ATC assessments and many fingers crossed, hoping to get accepted. If anyone knows any NAVCAN ATC people, reach out to my messages and tell me a bit about them please! But enough about me, let’s get to why this thread was made.

WHY THIS THREAD?
I’ve been flying in Infinite Flight since 2018, and only finally making a community account in 2019 where I’ve enjoyed many events and threads, and specifically lurking around. Only recently in late 2021, I decided to finally apply for IFATC, where after some unexpected delays, my application is now in progress at the time of this thread posting. I have previous VATSIM experiences, albeit not a lot, and I will be returning to VATSIM soon, but I have decided that I should first join the ATC group in a flight sim I’ve enjoyed for so long. I wanted to make this special thread so I could track my progress as I work from a measly Training Server ATC, to Expert Server IFATC, to perhaps more realistic VATSIM controller in the future, and the end goal is to be a licensed NAV Canada ATC. I want to track every airport I will have controlled within this bundle of joy that is Infinite Flight and share it with the beautiful thing that is https://community.infiniteflight.com/, you lovely beings! I hope that you all can come along this journey with many twists and turns ahead. In the end if I don’t make it or make it as a real life ATC, I will always come back to this place and enjoy the lovely community the Infinite Flight staff, Community Staff, and you all have built, and I’m glad to be a part of the Infinite Flight community.

SIDE NOTES
Thread will be updated with Airport, Position (Tower, Ground, Dep, Appr, Center), Server, and expected time slot before I am present at the location providing ATC services.

FIRST AIRPORT OF THE RECORDED ADVENTURE WILL BE…
TORONTO PEARSON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - CYYZ, TOWER AND GROUND, TRAINING SERVER 2022-02-10T04:00:00Z2022-02-10T05:00:00Z

Current Airport Controlling
CYYZ [OPEN], Tower and Ground, Training Server. 2022-02-16T01:40:00Z2022-02-16T03:00:00Z

5 Likes

I will soon return on the weekend after some midterms, see you all there!

1 Like

All the best buddy! Tag me and I’d be happy to help

2 Likes

Looking forward to coming to some in your pursuit of joining the team!

All the best with your NAV Canada journey as well! 🇨🇦

2 Likes

Good luck!!

2 Likes

CYYZ is closed, thanks to all who came!

Feel free to tag me next time you open!

1 Like

If there is no one else controlling at this airport in the time slot, I will be at the Big Apple later today! Training Server, KJFK. 2022-02-12T07:00:00Z2022-02-12T22:45:00Z2022-02-13T01:00:00Z

1 Like

Which airport? Jfk?

1 Like

HelloHello! I will try to be there for a bit give you some patterns. Feel free to tag me whenever you open and I’ll see if I can pop up. I’ll give you some feedback after :). See you soon!

1 Like

KJFK doesn’t appear to be open at this moment, if the Tower and Ground is not open within the next 15 at 4:00pm MST, 6:00pm EST, 3:00pm PST. KSEA, beautiful Seattle will instead be open! @Adventures @Armthnn for the tag wanted.

1 Like

Roger doger!

1 Like

JFK doesn’t seem to be opening up for now, KSEA, Tower and Ground, Training server, up and running!

KSEA is closed, thanks for all that came! Special thanks to @centauridr for helping out lots!

1 Like

With the new addition of 22.1. I once again return to ATC on the training server enjoying my time flying and enjoying the new update. If there is a slot, I will be at KATL today to celebrate the 2nd busiest airport in the world becoming 3D in Infinite Flight. 2022-02-16T01:00:00Z2022-02-16T02:30:00Z If there is no slot we’ll see from there.

Update. CYYZ will be open instead!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.