Kamryn in Maui, Hawai'i @ PHOG

No, I am not going to start the topic by saying “Aloha” because that would be basic.

Aloha, I flew to Kahului, Hawaii Monday morning on a 321neo solo (for the first time in years). I took a little trip the same evening to OGG at a spot I haven’t seen used often at all. Definitely my favorite spot from what other shots I’ve seen. And only a few minutes walk to VOR Beach which is spectacular at sunset.

If you ever visit Maui and intend to do some spotting, it’s best to go here in the evening, a couple minutes drive on Stable Road and a 2nd right turn through some gates will lead you to VOR beach where you can find some wild honu (Sea Turtles) occasionally. You can walk about 1,500ft from there back from where you drove, across Stable Road, and around some gates on a public trail that goes right along the airport boundary till you eventually come across some yellow bridge railing with a view of the end of Runway 20 where 95% of arrivals off 02 exit

The most spectacular Cessna Caravan I’ve seen flying for Mokulele Airlines!

Uncommon “eyebrowless” minidawg named 'Akohekohe.

A max operating on Southwest’s Inter-Island routes.

Also arriving on an Inter-Island from Honolulu.

Stare-down with an A380 (i wish)

A Mokulele 208EX headed for Moloka’i.

A couple of normal saddogs from Kona and Honolulu.

Eyebrowless minidawg has returned.

Taking Chicagoans to Chicago.

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube
Volanta

54 Likes

Mid, I still prefer my iPhone SE shots

3 Likes

Grapes.

4 Likes

purple grapes > green grapes

3 Likes

Seeded grapes > seedless grapes.

Now watch me get mauled.

3 Likes

saying that was a grave mistake.

5 Likes

You not bringing me to Hawaii was even more of a grave mistake.

Better yet, booking a hotel room for both of us to share, and then not inviting me is insulting.

5 Likes

skill issue

4 Likes

I still hate you.

4 Likes

You don’t hate him as much as me, though. 😊

Beachy

2 Likes

Apples > grapes

aloha

3 Likes

Ratio

Bro counted all 1,500 ft 😭😭

Nice shots Camera On

2 Likes

Kamryn in Michigan > Kamryn in Hawaii :(

2 Likes

I love seeing my airport get more attention!! I live on Maui and spot regularly. You could also park by the helicopters and spot!

1 Like

Woah!!! These are beautiful!!

1 Like

Wow, A330 for inter-island? Is that just a one-off flight or is it operated regularly by the A332?

@KTJ_Mitchell your favorite.

These are spectacular, needless to say. Keep up the great work (and I hope they’ll keep the special livery on the C208!)

2 Likes

The inter-island flight on the A332 is just for cargo. As the only cargo operators that go inter island are either on a 733 or a 732, or a Turboprop. it operates practically every day, at 5 and at 1.

2 Likes

That special 208 will be kept in that livery. it was recently painted into that scheme, it was a Big island air 208 before.

2 Likes