Kamryn in 2022 | 3 Years of Spotting

Because @AndrewWu is my idol, I will be copying him and his year in review for plane spotting.

For me, 2022 was my most active year in spotting, I had the opportunities to travel to over 30 different places and spot at many airports in which I’m truly grateful for. It’s hard to pick 10 of my favorite shots out of thousands I’ve taken this year. The camera I’ve used all year was my now 2 year old Canon 250D (SL3) and Tamron 100-400mm / 18-270mm lenses.

Out of favorite place travelled this year, It would have to be Calgary / Banff, Canada. As for favorite airport spotted, either LAX or SJU takes the cake. Both are exciting places to spot and I’m happy to say I’ll be revisiting LAX in the next 3 weeks or so!

Thank you all for the amazing year and support!

Early 2022 brought the Air Belgium A339 for CES2022!

One of my favorite skyline shots to date!

A little trip to LAX with a near dead-camera. This trip is the sole reason why I carry 2 spare batteries now.

The inaugural A35K flights into LAS from LHR!

My second trip to PHX allowed me to catch the brand new Star Wars 738!

The sleek Raiders A319 livery flying for Allegiant.

A close-up of the Orca B39M arriving in late summer light!

One of the hundreds of shots taken from my Hawaii trip, this one was a dream come true to catch, the ANA A380!

This one is actually unshared, but Aviation Nation 2022 was one of my favorite moments as I got to meet up with friends and get some sick shots of military jets, something you can’t enjoy at a normal commercial airport.

November brought me to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nice weather and a great spot for catching planes!

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube
Volanta

35 Likes

Very cool Kamryn

1 Like

You make some AWFUL decisions don’t you

7 Likes

You take such fantastic-looking pictures!

1 Like

Same lol

1 Like

Spicy, very spicy

1 Like

That feeling when someone gets a better shot of an aircraft that operates out of your home airport, meanwhile it’s been at their place once.

Nah seriously these are really impressive! Glad some of you U.S. people got treated to one of our Belgian beauties too.

3 Likes

hey, be grateful you have been idolized by someone 😂

1 Like

Excellent photos Kamryn! Great to see all the awesome photos, hope you have a great year of spotting in 2023.

1 Like