Kai Tak Airport Approach

Hi guys. I was doing an approach into Kai Tak and i found it quite difficult to land as i couldnt find the red checkerboard. To those who have done this approach before, how would you recommend me to do the approach? Also, is there the red checkerboard in the game? Im extremely sorry in advance if this topic was created before.

2 Likes

I have tried the approach but didn’t see the checkerboard. Perhaps the satellite imagery isn’t able to show it as well or it isn’t there anymore. Here is a cool approach chart though!6FA85E98-9C02-420B-AEE9-AD03A3C85DEA Just remember to search on the internet, there might be a lot of great sites where you can increase up your knowledge on the Kia Tak approach!

2 Likes

I made a request for them to add a checkerboard into the game to help with this.

2 Likes

You can still use the mountains to guide yourself in 😉

2 Likes

cool cool thanks a lot guys. this really helped! next time ill make sure to search up for the charts

It’s not too surprising that the sat images don’t have the checkerboard in- guess how it looks like now?

credit

It would be great to have FDS add it in separately though, I couldn’t really do the approach as I didn’t know where to turn!

3 Likes

That’s a shame :’(
I wish they kept it in better condition. Now that it’s all overgrown I’m not surprised it can’t be found.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.