Justin's ATC Tracking Thread [PERMANENTLY CLOSED]

In an attempt to improve my ATC skills with me being very close to passing in my first IFATC practical test, I’ve made this tracking thread to practice.

Info:

Airport: EHAM

Time: Until 0345Z

Server: Training Server [Global] V2

Position: Ground & Tower

METAR: EHAM 250155Z 34007KT 310V010 9999 FEW009 BKN010 14/12 Q1024 BECMG BKN008

Remarks: Intersection departures allowed, pattern work allowed, T/O RWY36C/36R, LDG RWY36C/36R

Constructive feedback is always appreciated!

3 Likes

Thanks for doing ATC for me today!
I was N0487 today and while I have no helpful feedback for you (not a great judge of ATC performance, sorry!), I would like to say that it was great and commend you for your traffic command while Singapore and I were on Approach.
Again, thanks for doing ATC!
-Crafty

1 Like

Closed. Thanks to everyone who came!

Open @TNCM!

Time: Until 0250Z

Position: Tower

METAR: TNCM 230200Z 07004KT 9999 VCTS FEW///CB FEW017 OVC035 26/23 Q1019 A3009 RMK CB S

Remarks: Intersection departures allowed, pattern work allowed, T/O RWY10, LDG RWY10

Open @KSEA!

Time: Until 0700Z

METAR: KSEA 240453Z 35003KT 10SM CLR 18/11 A3015 RMK AO2 SLP214 T01830111

Remarks: Intersection departures allowed, pattern work allowed, straight out departures only, T/O RWY34R, LDG RWY34R/34L

1 Like

Next time, give whoever calls first clearance for takeoff.

I absolutely LOVE how you’re scolding pilots for sending you these annoying “on downwind, on base, on final” calls. You’re not supposed to make those calls, get the instruction, follow it, and if you have questions, ask, but don’t report your position every leg of the pattern. Love your aggressive controlling.

Good job controlling!
I have some feedback on a few things.

First off my go around. I had to issue a go-around because I was at the landing decision point and there was an aircraft on the runway. Try to have a latest time to issue a go around, so that if you do have someone on the runway and someone approaching, you can continue that inbound and make them go around if needed.

Secondly if an aircraft is 8nm out, you can squeeze an arrival in before then. On my last touch and go on 34R I was told to follow the traffic on final, who was almost at the end of the cone. Next time sequence the aircraft on final to follow the one on l/r downwind :)

Your sequencing was spot on. There was once when I requested to change runway, you said to enter left downwind runway 34R and then issued a sequence. Try to group them in one ATC message :)

Apart from that it was brilliant, thanks for a fun little session with a decent amount of traffic! :D

1 Like

Thanks for the positive feedback! Was it a little messy at the beginning though? I tried to use 34C but ended up deciding just to not use C and have patterns on the left and right of 34L/R respectively.

Yeah, I was a little confused on what runway I was supposed to be doing t&g’s on because it changed a few times. 😂

2 Likes

Sorry about that! One more question though, right now I have aircraft on final 10nm out at 5000, I know transition is supposed to be approved at highest pattern altitude + 1000ft, but if I know the aircraft is going to descend lower once it reaches the 5 mile cone, can I approve transition at a lower altitude?

Yes, you can. It’s at your discretion when the airplane is within the cone.

Nice job, overall you knew what you were doing and you kept control and corrected pilots. One tiny suggestion is to make sure the planes in the pattern know who they are following and what runway they’re landing at. A couple of times I was confused as to who I was following because there were so many planes in the pattern, and the pilot I was supposed to follow at the area you called wasn’t there. Again, overall, nice job. Good luck on passing your test, mine is soon (I was Infinite Flight 24). (:

1 Like

Open @EHAM!

Time: Until 0345Z

METAR: EHAM 250155Z 34007KT 310V010 9999 FEW009 BKN010 14/12 Q1024 BECMG BKN008

Remarks: Intersection departures allowed, pattern work allowed, T/O RWY36C/36R, LDG RWY36C/36R

Hey Justin, thank you for your service! Everything was good! There was a moment where you forgot to clear me, other than that, good job.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive feedback! It was indeed my fault because I saw your aircraft as green, thinking I cleared, but then realized way too late that you asked for runway change after I cleared you 36L, I tried to clear you ASAP then but you went around, which was the correct thing to do. Thanks for coming!

1 Like

1 Like

Attention everyone, with me passing my IFATC practical retest, I’m now part of IFATC! This thread will soon be closed, thanks for your participation!