Just wanted to share the aircraft I get to train in! Anyone also train in one of these?

12 Likes

What aircraft is this? A Piper?

I specialize and train on hot air balloons and the C182/C172.

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for sharing. Could you tell us more about your training and what you enjoy most?

Btw, I’ve moved this to Real World Aviation since you don’t meet the requirements yet. We’d enjoy hearing more. :)

10 Likes

I believe I’ve flown in a piper like this. It wasn’t for training tho, a friend let me fly it for a bit.

1 Like

Looks like a Warrior 2, nice aircraft! I did all of my PPL training in Piper aircraft, which are a blast to fly, although yours is much newer than the one I was flying in. Does it have the 180 upgrade?

Edit: Must be multiple Pipers you get to fly, since those are two different aircraft. N8234D looks sharp though!

2 Likes

Congrats! Got my PPL and instrument in a PA 28-181, myself! Probably holds as high a spot in my heart as the Q Bird 😂

4 Likes

I flew PA28 for my training as well 👌👌

5 Likes

Have a whole 0.5 in one of these 😂. Most time in C152/172

3 Likes

This is all my flights school flies. I love my Warrior!

1 Like

Doing my private pilot training in a 1967 C172

4 Likes

Running some patterns at KAZO in her!

2 Likes

Yes, they’re both Piper, but one has a different cockpit set up as you can see.

2 Likes

I’m a part 141 student in Massachusetts, just finished my instrument and soon to start training for the commercial.

Thanks!

3 Likes

What airline are you thinking of flying for?

2 Likes

I’d like to go to AA.

2 Likes

From my experience, this is the perfect phrasing of the question. You can “think” or dream about flying for any given company…When reality sets in, you will jump on the first company that pays you just enough to split rent with 3 other dudes at a hub, have a little left over to eat, and the opportunity to log some precious jet time in a RJ.

I came out with several years of EA6B time, a brief transition into the F-18 (Growler), and thought SWA or UPS was gonna be chomping for me… Nope. SWA wouldnt even talk to me without a 73 type, and forget about elsewhere. Looked at pay for regionals and said no way (I have a family). Ended up on a different path. No regrets, and Im not saying you guys shouldn’t aim high and set goals, but do realize the industry can be a little rough, much less for a family guy or gal.

Good luck out there!

3 Likes

Well said! That’s completely right and I know it is not easy to get to there, but with passion and determination anyone will make it. Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

Do airlines in the US do not have their own Flight Schools ? Like with Lufthansa i applied direct with them, then you had to do a 5 days long exam ( 2 days basic occupational skills assessment, followed by the second part, the company qualification assessment which is also 2 days, and finally the aptitude assessment panel). Then we had to pay 80,000 Euro ( the other 80,000 Euro were paid by Lufthansa). With your first paycheck you start to pay back the 80,000… How is it with the big ones in USA ? Like AA,UA,DL,

2 Likes

It’s not as clear cut with any schools in the US. There may be some partnerships with certain schools to “guarantee” interviews with regionals, but Im not certain anymore. I know Lufthansa and Cathay had programs in AZ and Cali for a while, but pretty sure those are the exception and probably just satellite locations for foreign students. I’m really not certain.

The military is still a good source for guys transitioning, I just happened to hit it at during a rough stretch, much less coming out of fighters. We typically don’t have as much logged time coming out as C130/ C5/ P3 or P8 guys obviously, so doesnt help separate yourself from competition. Again, though, from what I experienced, just really comes down to timing. I havent been in the game for a good while.

2 Likes

image I soloed in a C172 and am going to start training in a Piper 180 now.

1 Like