Just tried to land at katl

Was in contact with approach which gave notice they were closing. Not a problem. No controller on the tower, or at least it wasnt showing in my list so I announce on unicom that I’m inbound on the ils for 9l. Suddenly im told to contact ground? Then im warned im in active airspace and to contact tower. In my humble opinion, when a controller signs in to take control of the tower they need to give warning as I was busy setting up my landing. Got me all flustered because I don’t want to be ghosted so I just bailed out of my flight.

1 Like

It was me. I’ll PM you after I am done here.

5 Likes

Hey Eric. I was the Approach controller just now at Atlanta. When I closed, there was some confusion between the other controllers on ground and tower. At the time both frequencies were manned by two different controllers.
The Ground controller was preparing to cover Ground and Tower, and mistakes my closing for the closing of the Tower Controller. Since the Ground controller was out, the Tower controller let as well, to allow the ground controller to take both frequencies. Once he was back in, the new controller may have mistakenly sent an on guard from the ground frequency, meaning to contact you from tower.
If you ever have another issue and know which controller they were, be sure to try to PM them, or ask for them on the forum to get into a PM with them. Thanks!

5 Likes

Oh wait, you are a different guy. That was partially mistake. Slight confusion, as Tish said, just came off only ground. You were going the wrong way though. More after I am done.

You guys can continue this in PMs

1 Like