Just need a little help

So my goal right now is to become a decent Tower ATC. For the most part i have the basics down, like lining them up and waiting, immediate/expedite request, handling SOME (not all) inbounds.

I just need tips to improve my skills in the Tower ATC when things get hectic, like receiving 4-5 inbounds within 10 seconds, how to pattern, squence, etc

And one last thing, can someone explain to me the make left base, ill call your base, etc. I have no idea how to use those commands in the tower.

Thanks for all of you that help!

2 Likes

Line up and wait means that you have to enter the runway without taking off until ATC instructs you to do so

For this, if you are working as ATC, you’ll need to press cleare to land or Pattern instructions so the pilots will know what to do:)

Hey Taco,
I suggest if you want to become serious about ATC then get a scout for IFATC. If you don’t want to be to serious then i suggest reading through #tutorials you can find some great ATC stuff there.

I’m not exactly an expert of these but I can tell you a little bit. Well I suggest you to go to ATC tutorials to learn more stuff about it:)

Welcome to the community @Taco

Here is a great tutorial. I think this should help you out.

Here is another good one that will help you with everything.

3 Likes

I hope that helps

These are the parts of the patterns. Everything is relative to the direction of landing, at 90 degree intervals from runway heading. Left or right is determined by direction of turn you need to make into landing. So, left downwind is shown here. If you would make two right turns from downwind to final, that is right traffic.

Remember, it’s 90 degree intervals. So if runway heading is 090, then left downwind would be heading 270, with the runway to the left of the plane. Right downwind, the opposite.

Many pilots treat downwind as “anywhere within a 60 degree angle”, but it has an exact heading, exactly parallel to landing, but the opposite direction.

2 Likes

You can also have a look here. There are a lot interesting tutorials, too.