Just attempted my longest flight yet, and this happened.

Was flying Dubai - Toronto, and woke up to find this happen almost 14hrs in the flight. This is the first time I’ve seen this happen.

2 Likes

Changed to #support for you. That doesn’t look right, maybe some sort of corruption?

1 Like

I think your ram got full and couldn’t render the scenery and aircraft anymore.

And take a look on how to create a support topic:

Please include:

Device brand, model, and current operating system version. Example: iPad Air 2 iOS10, or Samsung GalaxyA7 Android 5.0

Any device modifications such as “rooted” or “jailbroken”, custom ROM, or third party apps installed such as screen recorders.

Include brief steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot without success. Example: “restarted and reinstalled app without resolution”

1 Like

What type of memory? Also, I just went into settings and fidgeted around with the grapics and put everything to high then this happened. (Before it was on medium)

1 Like

Please include:

Device brand, model, and current operating system version. Example: iPad Air 2 iOS10, or Samsung GalaxyA7 Android 5.0

Any device modifications such as “rooted” or “jailbroken”, custom ROM, or third party apps installed such as screen recorders.

Include brief steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot without success. Example: “restarted and reinstalled app without resolution”

1 Like

Make sure you are running very few apps as possible and please provide more info so that we can help you.

Thanks.

1 Like

That seems to be the black floor issue.

As for the other picture, I have no idea.

1 Like

Ok I just removed A/P and my plane started sinking all of a sudden while I was holding the device as upright as possible. Just received 2 violations from it. As you can see even my yoke is up yet the plane is going at V/S speed -3000. The device I am using is a iPad 5th Generation running iOS10.3 no jailbreak or third party apps.

1 Like

You can’t have ALT set to 0 and activated, and VS turned off on the A/P…

3 Likes

My bad I just realized. Normally I undo the Altitude one as well probably forgot.

1 Like

This is probably as @Sudafly said though, lack of RAM. Long hauls isn’t a super great idea on older devices.

3 Likes

Do you know the steps on how I can clear RAM?

Hold the power button until ‘slide to power off’ appears and then hold the home button down. That’s for iOS at least.

2 Likes

You can’t do it in-flight. So the best suggestion is that you shorten down your flights a bit to avoid issues.

Otherwise it:
Hold down power/lock until you see “Swipe to turn off”, at that point you hold down your home button until you’re back at the home screen.

3 Likes

Thanks, you can go ahead and close this. Hopefully I don’t encounter this issue again. :)

1 Like
closed #17