Junkers Ju 52/3m T-167

It was named “Cataratas del Iguazú” when given to the Army Application School (Escuela de Aplicación del Ejército) on September 9,1939, and numbered 167.
It was asigned during 1940 to the Aviation Instruction Centre (Centro de Instrucción de Aviación).
Transferred on January 16, 1942 to the Transport Agrupation (Agrupación Transporte).
On January 6, 1944, it made the first regular flight of L.A.N.E (Líneas Aéreas del Noroeste, Airlines of the North East) between El Palomar (Buenos Aires) and Colonia Yerúa (Corrientes), and was renumbered as T-167 on July 22, 1944.
On March 28, 1946, it had to make an emergency landing in Pehuajó (Buenos Aires), while it was being flown by the Alférez (Ensign) R. Grassi.
In 1947, the aircraft was re-engined with Pratt & Whitney Wasp R-1340 engines, and modified as an exterminator aircraft and transferred to the Ministerio de Agricultura (Agriculture Ministry) as LV-ZBF in 1952.
Its registration was cancelled on August 4, 1954, and was retired on January 26, 1956.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.