June 6 Preparations

Hello, IFC!

Today, i was gardening when…

neowwww… NEOWWWWW
Two hercules fly 200 feet above my yard.
Being the avgeek i am, i immediately dropped the tools and went down to Omaha beach.

For those who don’t know, tomorrow is June 6. It is a national holiday as 77 years ago, thousands died on Normandy beaches to fight the germans in the most successful WWII operation called operation overlord.
As these anniversaries always have airshows, these were flying as a preparation. This is not the actual commemorating flight. That is tomorrow (yes I am heading down again).

Here are some pics i took from Omaha Beach!

I am glad i was able to snatch these and am very excited for tomorrow, as it is an important day for my french self and my avgeek side.

Thank you to all countries who helped liberate France in this operation. If it were not for Canada, UK, US and Polen, I would be talking German and nobody would understand me.
Except for @Moritz 😉

(Proof that this was indeed at omaha beach)

Thank you!

See you tomorrow!

Wear a mask! Even at the beach!

Robertine

38 Likes

First!

U.S. Air Force too 👀

4 Likes

It’s all fun and games until the Luftwaffe pulls up

7 Likes

Nice catch!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Great shots, look forward to seeing more from the Air show tomorrow.

2 Likes

I expect to see some Luftwaffe A359’s doing barrel rolls along Omaha beach.

2 Likes

@PolandBall_120 He spelled it the way you like it. I had to call.

I like the pictures! (BTW do you speak French?)

1 Like

Yes, i speak french and I love country balls

1 Like

Finally someone on this forum likes country balls

2 Likes

They are awesome

1 Like

Awesome pictures! I’m not very into military aviation but these pictures are really nice, parfait.

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense, if you spoke German everyone else would be speaking German too 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Well maybe not Americans

cough cough

1 Like

oh, right.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.