Jumbo Jets

Am i the only one that hate jumbo jets like A380 or B747 (to fly on IF)

2 Likes

I do not know, I do not hate those planes, I love flying them
but is it necessary to make a theme for this?

2 Likes

Excuse me? I don’t understand what you mean

You don’t have to make a topic about this

4 Likes

I don’t see a problem with the topic. People are entitled to their opinion and this community is about encouraging discussion. Just because someone doesn’t like something doesn’t mean they get censored.

@OtoeTiger88 can you elaborate on why? Are there certain reasons why you are not a fan of the jumbo? What do you fly and why?

5 Likes

I don’t like the A380 but I love the 747, it’ll always be the one true “jumbo” in my heart. However I don’t fly it as much as I’d like. I usually fly the 787, A321s and other medium haulers because they are far more prevelant in today’s aviation world.

2 Likes

Too bigs, and hard to manovrate, in my future airliner pilot carreer the plane i’d love to fly it’s not the A380 or B747 like most of pilot, but the 777X 🤩

1 Like

By the time you get your commercial license I’d assume the 747s would be phased out. Perhaps even the A380 who knows.

1 Like

I don’t know, but that wouldn’t be that much of an issue for me

So everyone is allowed to make a topic like this? (Just a question, I don’t want to go off-topic)

I think it’s got to do with the freedom of speech/expression. He was asking a question aviation related, perhaps he’s making a survey who knows lol.

1 Like

When learning IF I found the bigger planes were easier to learn in because the movements were slower. On the flip side the bigger planes makes you think ahead about your turns. Speed, bank, angle of approaching turns. They don’t exactly turn on a dime.

When an approach controller sees a 747 barreling to the intercept at 248kts they know its going to be a missed approach due to that turn.

3 Likes

That’s different, then he had to make it: ‘Why I don’t like the Jumbo’s’…

Not really, it’s just that a lot of people love them but i don’t, just asking if i was the only one

Ahh, that’s prolly because of how massive they are. And the sound they make is truly phenomenal. You should try seeing one up close, it’s enormous. I’m sure there are others who don’t like them either however

I don’t usually fly jumbo jets, but not because of how they look. I think the 747, particularly the 747-8, is a beautiful aircraft to look at. But the cockpit windows are very small. I’m a fan of flying in cockpit view, and for this reason I prefer aircraft like the 787 that have nice big windscreens. I don’t usually fly the A380 just because it’s only used for long hauls and I guess I don’t have much reason to fly it. Never really thought about that…

1 Like

I did actually! London to Detroit B747

I flew big planes too when I first started mainly so my landings didn’t look so bad, lol

2 Likes

Ahahha that’s genius!

I typically don’t like the super jumbo (A380) because of its ridiculous look but like @SterlingArcher said, the 747s and possibly the A380s most likely will be out of service when you get your commercial pilot license in the future, so you won’t have to worry about them.