JulietTango's ATC Tracking Thread- [Closed] @ N/A [Practical Today!]

So far your pattern entries have been on point so just remember:
pattern - sequence - clearance.

1 Like

Got it, that’s a great little thing to remember thanks!

I tricked you there @JulietTango i saw the feedback about the frequency change you already gave me permission to change frequency one I was ready so you should’ve of said you were already cleared to change frequency lol

2 Likes

Ah right sorry.

1 Like

No worries! Just keep that in mind!

1 Like

Beautiful runway change! But think about where the traffic was there. Were they on a right base?

Yeah, I made a correction after :)

Ah, didn’t get it. So for that approach, you did really well with the sequencing then! You got the pattern entry, the sequence, but this time you missed the clearance. Remember you need to make sure the aircraft gets all 3!

1 Like

Yes. Remember the freq. change feedback I gave earlier. :)

1 Like

@dereckyared14 make sure you’re flying at pattern altitude :) (1500ft AGL)

2 Likes

When you’re opened next give me a @ and i’ll try make it :)

That command is correct, however it’s a very minor, not even a problem. It happens all the time on expert.
If you were to use the “you’ve already been instructed to change frequency” command then you need to be consistent when using it.

2 Likes

I’ll pm you on Slack @Oliver02 :)

1 Like

Sorry everyone, it’s getting a bit stressful and I’m making a lot of mistakes.

3 Likes

I will try to join in and do some patterns.

1 Like

It’s all apart of the process to improve, is it not?
Everyone in ifatc have made mistakes when they were on the same journey as you are now on, it’s okay, that’s why everyone’s here to give feedback

2 Likes

Needed to head out because my phone was dying.

Don’t worry about the stress! Take a breather, and remember the basics: pattern entry, sequence, clearance. As long as you follow that simple principle, you’ll nail it! You showed really great flashes of pattern management, and I loved the runway changes and my initial entry off the transition. You also nailed the transition altitude.

In terms of the ground extra freq change request, the “already instructed to change freq” command must be given for that situation.

Your biggest mistakes were when you missed a sequence or a clearance. Just work on keeping a mental checklist in your mind for every aircraft. If you have a break in the traffic, be looking ahead to see what commands you may need to give in the future. Overall not a bad job, I’ll keep an eye on your thread for your future openings!

I’ll also link the following videos so you can see how everything works when managed in a calm nature, always resorting back the basics:

1 Like

Thanks so much for coming today and I will definitely keep all of that in mind!

And to add onto the stress factor, I can tell you I was absolutely TERRIFIED every step of the way when I went to increase my traffic load.

Whether it was:

• going from 2 aircraft in a pattern to 8
  • going from tiny little Class C and D airports to small Bravos
  • going from small Bravos to busy Bravo hubs and FNF hubs
  • etc.

It’s all about managing your fundamentals and staying calm!

1 Like

I think I need to familiarize myself a bit more with where everything is.

1 Like

I’m now closed thanks to all who came!