Joysticks for Infinite Flight

Hello everybody, I would just like to ask everyone for their recommendations for which joysticks to use. I’ve been looking at the Logitech 3D Pro one but I’m not sure if it has a throttle control on it. If anyone has the logitech one and can provide feedback for it I would apppreciate it!

2 Likes

As long as you can pair it with the program you use any one should be fine. I personally recommend the Thrustmaster USB Joystick.
There are other knobs and diles on it you can use for other things. Like thrust gear flaps etc.

2 Likes

Hi,

May I suggest taking a quick read of the following topic? You may find some valuable information.

-Matt

5 Likes

I have it working great. It also has good workmanship. You have 9 buttons that you can freely fill. I use the logitech joystick and a mouse that I have connected with a converter and I still have a Bluetooth keyboard for the thrust.

2 Likes

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and yes it does have a throttle for it. It works absolutely flawlessly you just might want to adjust your sensitivity in the control settings to below 50% though this is the extreme 3D Pro I’m not sure if there’s a difference

1 Like

I have used the same joystick. I like it it a lot but it does make it a little more challenging. The throttle is hard to set up; it seems to to the opposite of what I want it to do.

2 Likes

Okay, @Andrew_Plummer you see that orange(ish) check mark to the right of where you would set the throttle up under Rev. (Reverse). You’re going to want to check that as shown in the image below. That will solve your problem. This will go for anybody that wants to or has purchased this joystick :).

2 Likes

I’ve tried that but it doesn’t work. Idk maybe I’ll play around with it some more.

1 Like

Do you have an Android or an iOS device?

I’ve never been able to get my thottle to reverse with my yoke. I had to map reverse to a button for it to work.

3 Likes

Same here. I use the trigger button which I’m pretty sure would be the “fire” button on a fighter jet. But it works haha.

1 Like

I just received my T flight Hotas X, only got to test it out for about 10 mins. Will let you know more tomorrow

*reverse thrust doesn’t work for me either(without assigning a key)

So you actually have to program one of the quadrants to push down for reverse while pushing your throttle up

Read my thread, I’m using a logitech flight yoke and quadrant set up with IF

As far as I can tell, with experience using different joysticks, reverse thrust isn’t mapped as part of the throttle axis, and also you cannot vary the reverse N1 as it’s applied to a mappable button.
If you had a pressure sensitive trigger, maybe it would enable to variable reversers?
Perhaps something for the Devs to consider?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.