Joystick/yoke in IF

Does anybody use a joystick or yoke for IF? If so, do you recommend it and is it worth the money? Also, which one do you use?

I’m just thinking about buying one and am wondering if it is worth it. Advice would be great.

1 Like

I recommend the thrustmaster below it is what I use but still Live Flight Connect is still glitchy

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/758789-REG/Thrustmaster_2960703_T_Flight_HOTAS_X.html/?ap=y&smp=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoOia2evU6gIVCorICh2E-ATkEAQYBSABEgLsY_D_BwE

they have it on Amazon aswell

3 Likes

I have used one before, and to be honest, it’s a good thing I bought X-Plane on my computer and used it for that, otherwise it wouldn’t have been worth it, personally. There was a lot of input delay because you have to go through a third party to do it, but if you think you can handle about a 500-1000 ms delay (possibly more), then by all means, go for it.

4 Likes

Ok, I thought it would be delayed. I will probably hold off for now on getting one but get one when FS2020 comes out, and I will probably use that one for IF as well.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’d probably be best.

I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro with IF as well as Logitech Saitek G Pro rudder pedals, and they are definitely worth it.

3 Likes

The joystick I showed above works for PC and I also believe it will work for xbox when FS2020 comes out I Personally have a mac so I will be playing it on Xbox

2 Likes

Yes! I use the logitech extreme pro 3D. But i think im better just with the phone.

1 Like

I use the thrustmaster Airbus and it really brought a whole new pleasure dimension when flying with IF.

I recommend you this post:

4 Likes

I do. I recently bought the thrust master TCA Airbus side stick and this is amazing. I do use it with infinite flight and have had great experiences with it. I will recommend though that you should turn down the sensitivity of all the different axis otherwise it will be very sensitive to every input. It really makes the game so much better being able to control the plane with a side stick

2 Likes

Totally agree. I also have all the sensitivity settings all the way down. And also my rudder is reversed.

2 Likes

Reversed my rudder to

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.