Hey guys, so I got myself a Raspberry Pi 3+ and have been tinkering around with it. It is SO much fun, just this little box that is running a full blown operating system on it. 😍
Anyways, I ended up doing this in some spare time:
Really has been a fun project so far. Now, this little box is connected to the IF API, so of course this is only the beginning for what could be done with this idea - I have lots of ideas of what I could in theory also do (and would love to hear your ideas, too!)…
- have a local server running that would be a web based controller for IF, think something like
opening http꞉//yourlocalraspberrypiserver/api/set/autopilot/altitude/30000 in your browser sets the autopilot altitude - this would enable remote controlling!
- hook up instrument panels like the Saitek panels
- hook up a head tracker
- other ideas?
Is this something you’d be at all interested in? Do you have crazy ideas, too?
- I have a Raspberry Pi already and would LOVE this
- I have a Raspberry Pi and think this is OK at best
- I do not have a Raspberry Pi yet but would absolutely consider buying one for this
- I do not have a Raspberry Pi yet and don’t think I would get one for this