Joystick controlling tips

Hi guys, I have recently bought X.Flight Hotas joystick for IF. It is fully functional in game but experiencing problems when approaching. It comes hard when I need tiny movements when I am alligning to a runway. When I push left, It just banks too much than I need. And while adjusting altitude, it behaves like rollercoaster which goes up and down and up and down. Can you guys share how you overcome difficulties with joystick controls and it will be great if you could share sensitivity settings. Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t have joystick but try to adjust the Settings of control in IF.
And check out your hand movements, pilots must practice hand movements.

And I would buy a Yoke if I had used controller.

1 Like

I think you need to lower your sensitivity. I have the Logitech 3D Pro joystick. I messed with the settings a little here and there until I was comfortable. Try it!

4 Likes

I agree with @TheBlackPearl I have the Logitech 3D Pro Extreme and its really sensitive. I imagine that the Hotas is even more sensitive. Just lower the sensitivity on in the game.

4 Likes

Lower your sensitivity to almost max, it’s also hard for me to control because I also got a joystick recently, keep practicing!

3 Likes

I have the same joystick as you- the key is to lower sensitivity drastically, and practice. You will get used to it and your approaches will be smoother in the long run.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I’ll try with your tips.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll drop and try hard. Thanks for sharing bro.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try. Feels like training in a new plane

1 Like

Thx! I’ll try

1 Like

If you have any more questions feel free to DM me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.