Joystick connect with API

Hello, I believe I made a previous topic but it disappeared so I am making this one, I got no message regarding that topic being removed or anything so I am assuming it just didn’t go through properly. How would I connect the joystick using code(python preferably) and the API.

thanks

In terms of python, pygame seems to be the most popular option for handling joysticks, while for ConnectAPI, you can either dive into the world of sockets in Python (simpler than most languages languages) with the socket module or use something pre-made, like this module for V1 API (there also seems to be this one for V2, but unsure whether it is actually working)

1 Like

Awesome! thanks for your help. if I get this working I will be one step closer to making joysticks more compatible for IF!!

1 Like

I got it working!

1 Like

Awesome news… We need a reliable app allowing us to efficiently connect joystick to IF and disconnect AP without a fear on final approach…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.