Joystick Choices

Hi All,
Was wondering for all the joystick users here what do you use and what cable do you need to be able to plug it into an iOS device. (iPad)
Thank you all,
Happy Flying
Cign

1 Like

I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. You can get it on Amazon for $50 and it’s great! I have an Android but if you’re on iOS, you have to have a Desktop or PC to run LiveFlight. You could Read more here:

1 Like

Is a laptop all right. Sorry don’t have much experience in this area. Does it need to be on all flight as well (the laptop).

1 Like

Yep a laptop would work. And you need it the whole flight. you have to connect you iOS device to your laptop, as well as your joystick. You could read more in the link above ^^

Thank you very much, and it’s easy to setup on IOS, do you think?
Cign

2 Likes

Go for the Logitech Extreme 3D pro! I have it and it works like a charm on my iPad mini.

You meed to have "LiveFilghtConnect’ installed on your Mac In order to use the joystick with iF

Yea it’s quite easy. As I said before, I have an Android so I don’t know for sure

Very easy for iOS. You just need to:
1.) Plug in your joystick to your laptop.
2.) Install LiveFlight.
3.) Run LiveFlight.
4.) Have a stable Internet Connection, and make sure both devices are on the same WiFi, for both your laptop and your device.

Your device connects to LiveFlight over the internet automatically, as long as LiveFlight and IF are running.

Would it still work without a Mac?

No, you either need a Windows PC or a Mac (so you can install LiveFlight Connect) in order to connect your joystick to Infinite Flight.

Will check if I can install it on my windows laptop. Thank you everyone!

1 Like

You can! I use a Windows computer and an iOS device to run IF with a joystick, and I can confirm that it works very well. Have fun flying!

The Logitech 3D pro Joystick is actually 30$

$50 Canadian Dollars.

1 Like

I have the same joystick as @Infinite_Flight_Sims! It’s very good and has a lot of functionality, I use mine using LiveFlight connect on windows 10, it works very well with no noticeable lag (I have lag when trying it from my Mac tho, might just be a problem in my case, not a 100% sure if it’s a glitch)

I use an iOS device with it, it is quite easy to set up

2 Likes

Thank you all. Setting up LiveFlight on my laptop and have bought the Logitech 3D pro joystick.
Happy Flying
Cign

I have a t flight Hotas x. Comes with a throttle and joystick so that’s a plus and it’s awesome

1 Like

I didn’t realize you were talking about Canadian Dollars