Jordan_Knepper’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @KFLL

For departing aircraft: Unless you are flying patterns, please file your flight plan before contacting ATC.)

Also

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch&gos/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.

CLOSED

Airport :

KFLL

Server :
Training

I need practice with sequencing :)

Hey There, N428OP. Overall, good job with the early clearances. On the runway change, you instructed me to enter right downwind as I was entering a left downwind. Often times, it’s better to have them enter on the opposite side than have an aircraft cross the airport if they are already in the pattern. I also didn’t get a runway exit instruction. You’ve got a good start but keep up the practice!

1 Like

thank you for the help!

1 Like

Coming right now

1 Like

I will be N394XY

1 Like

Hey! I was Magic Sun 1. Sorry I couldn’t stay long at your session.

Here are a few points of feedback from me:

• I firstly asked for a transition and you then said “say intentions”, however I already told you my intentions of transition through the airspace. I then requested again and you then approved it so all good.

• Remember when I call inbound to give a pattern entry. When I called inbound for touch and go, you cleared me straight up for the option on 10R, however no pattern entry was given to me. Always give aircraft a pattern entry unless inbound on ILS/GPS/Visual. In this case, you could’ve told me to enter right downwind for 10R, sequence (if applicable) and then issued the clearance.

That’s all though.

Keep up the controlling and I’m sure you’ll continue to improve :)!

1 Like

for some reason the transition button did not pop up the first time

1 Like

It only appears right after pilot has requested transition.

In what leg of the pattern did you request the runway change?

If a change is requested on upwind, they should get the downwind that crosses them over the departure path of the parallel runway.

Right runway = right traffic. Left runway = left traffic.

1 Like

Agree, in this case I had just turned left downwind and was given the enter right downwind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.