Joining VA

Hi all, this is my first time posting and I’m just realizing the breadth and scope of the IF community. I started flying on IF a few months ago and climbed the grades quickly and recently discovered the VA option. I applied to a few but I’m realizing that I know almost virtually nothing. I’ve always been in to aviation and loved planes but more recently have discovered just how much I love aviation. Any way I am nervous that if I join a VA I will inadvertently do something wrong that will reflect on the airline or that maybe I shouldn’t bother because I’m such a noob in the grand scheme of things. I try to follow all the rules and do everything the way it’s supposed to be done there are just so many moving parts and different rules and regulations. Any thoughts on whether I should pursue joining a VA or just scrap that idea?

2 Likes

Try IFGAC. They are really great, and can help you learn the ropes of flying with all kinds of planes!

Hey,

you can join VA via ifvarb.com, you should see the requirements there.

Good luck!

Hi,

I’d say go for it! Joining a VA is a great way to learn more about flying, ATC, and the airline itself. These VA’s are also not directly affiliated with the official airline companies, so you won’t need to worry about backlash from them. VA’s are also a great way to get involved in some group flights.

Here’s a link to find the best VA/VO that fits what you’re looking for!

1 Like

Joining a VA is probably one of the most fun you thing you can do in IF. It is also a great way to meet new people and get to know more people in the community. Most VAs are super friendly and would be glad to teach you and help you grow your knowledge in aviation!

It’s ok, we all make mistakes, but you she should join UPSVA 😏! The people there are nice and we will help you with anything you need help with and most of all don’t be scared to join a VA, we all make mistakes in life, we aren’t perfect 🙂

Hey! I’m COO at Turkish VA and we can handle your application quickly! Just PM if you are interested :)

1 Like

VA’s are actually the best thing that ever happened to me no cap. It’s like the second family I never had. If you have the time to join and commit to a VA then you do you. Hopefully my terrible advice helped.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help and support! I applied to a few VAs so we will see where this takes me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.