John Travolta’s House Is an Airport!

John Travolta and his lovely wife Kelly Preston was one of the first couples to purchase land in the Jumbolair Aviation Estates, the residential airpark where they live. Actor is a flight enthusias and certified private pilot who owns five aircraft and an astonishing 16-car garage. Although the property came equipped with a 7,500-foot runway he extended so it could lead directly to his front door! “We designed the house for the jets and to have at our access the world at a moment’s notice, and we succeeded at that,” John Travolta said Australia’s “Today”
Travolta has been a Qantas “ambassador-at-large” since 2002 and keeps his personal Qantas Boeing 707 in the yard of his Florida home. His relationship with Qantas started when Travolta procured his pilot’s license and flew a Qantas 707 to Sydney to promote the 2001 movie Swordfish.

Here the pictures:

Challenger jet

There’s a video also:

Full article at:

-Sony

21 Likes

What airport was it that he bought?

Ok so apparently the property is actually called Jumbo Air and it is located in Anthony, FL.

There’s a website also:

😎

1 Like

Oh so Jumboair took the airport and made it available for rent?

The runway looks quite awkward

2 Likes

I thought the turnaround area resembled Grove Street in GTA… Lol

3 Likes

What a home! I wonder how he pushes back the aircraft and all the logistical stuff.

He used to live in a residential airport compound called Spruce Creek - however his neighbours got a bit upset with his gulfstream being too big and heavy.

Still if I win an insane amount on the lottery, that’s the kind of house I want.

4 Likes

Let’s just ask him:
@john_travolta

4 Likes

I’ve heard of this about 2 years ago on the 747 documentary

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

It depends, is there an ICAO? KJTA hahaha

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

If there isn’t, just call it “John’s house”.

2 Likes

I’ll check if it exists in IF first ;)

1 Like

@huw it doesn’t :(

1 Like

Thanks for the idea, I have reserved this airport so I can edit it later :D

Infinite Flight Airport Editing\Airports\United States\1—\17FL\apt.dat

4 Likes

That’s pretty sweet

2 Likes

Ey, that’s a great idea, can’t wait for it!
JT traffic, is 10 minutes inbound. Please advise Travolta, prepare the pool with the Ice Tea. 😀👌✈🔰
:smile: :grinning:

2 Likes

This guy lives a large life, I envy him. You wonder how rich people say they are tired of living. if you are rich and hadn’t flown a jet, you haven’t lived yet.

He flew himself to South Africa during the soccer world cup in 2010.

3 Likes

It really does look quite awkward, but heck, it’s a runway!

2 Likes