JM192G’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hello and Welcome to my tracking thread.

Please leave me all constructive criticism so that I can improve my ATC skills and pass my practical ATC exam.

Things I need to work on/be monitored on;

*Timely pushback/taxi to RWY commands
*Transition of airspace
*Go around procedures
*Runway change procedures

Thank you,

Jason

2 Likes

Hello Pilots,

I am open now at KVAD runway 36L and 36R are in use at present.

Please help me practice in the following areas;

• Pattern instructions
  • Sequencing
  • Transition of airspace
  • Runway changes
  • Taxiway commands (please monitor the time it takes me to issue these commands)

Please leave me feedback after you have made your final landing.

Thank You,

Jason

1 Like

Sorry mate had to be quick one I’ll feed back in a minute

1 Like

Hello, I was N473CC

A few things from today

• you told me to check assigned runway, a better response would be to give me progressive taxi instructions to do a 180. Not a big deal.

• I requested frequency change on ground, you approved it. You should have said “duplicate frequency change”, as the clearance to taxi includes frequency change

• you said “disregard last message” hence my aborted t/o. A better solution is to say correction, stand by"

• extend downwind wasnt necessary, it is pilots responsibility to maintain spacing

• after the extend DW, instead of giving me a “enter right base”, you just need to give a “turn base” call

• I aligned with the wrong runway, took you a white, but you did notice it, good job

• transition was a bit low at 2500 (Airport elevation +2500, then round up to the nearest 500. So for KVAD: 233ft+2500ft = 2733 feet -> rounded to 3000 feet)

• The exit rwy command was late, aim to give it 75-80 knots for airliners

Overall, a pretty good session, just try to be a bit quicker on the commands. Feel free to tag me next time 🙂

1 Like

No problem thanks for coming. 😁😁

Roger that thank you for the feedback will take it onboard and try again tomorrow 😁😁

1 Like

Hey, think me and N473CC threw most things at you there and you took it.

. On request to taxi I requested 18L you told me to just push back could have said expect 18L

. Anticipated the RWY crossing early and advised me to do so

. Cleared me to enter the pattern which I did

. N4733CC came along and you started to slow on your responses, I asked to change RWY which is where you said to extend upwind I then started to announce my position a few times, you acknowledge with Roger you could have told me to stop duplicate messages or you were already cleared

. Departure was fine

. Inbound was fine, cleared me to land on final I announced my position which isn’t needed as I have already been cleared to land

. On landing you told me to turn right, I went past my exit at 10knts and you could have told me to please expedite

. Cross RWY was a bit late as I had just entered the RWY without permission but you got into this second time round

Just need to be a bit quicker, you clearly know what you are doing so be more confident and assertive. Excellent little session give us a shout anytime

1 Like

Thanks for that feedback I will utilise that and be controlling again tomorrow I’ll be sure to tag you and put it into practice, thanks again 😁

1 Like

Hello Pilots,

• Pattern instructions
  • Sequencing
  • Transition of airspace
  • Runway changes
  • Taxiway commands (please monitor the time it takes me to issue these commands)

Thank You,

Jason

@Baldeagle1 @IF787 @USA_ATC

1 Like

Hello @JM192G!

As this is my first time attending your session, I decided to get @Anthony_Morgan and @CaptFoo (all of us are IFATC members) to help you get “busy.”

I’m not sure if you’re used to 3 or more aircraft in the pattern, but you did decently well just now! We could definitely tell that you were either nervous/confused/panicking, but with more practice, you’ll do just fine!

From me:

• Perfect transition at 3000ft

• Good initial pattern entry and clearance

• Good catch on my “taxi to runway” instead of “taxi to parking” when I exited the runway

• Good pre-emptive runway crossing command, but you should have sent it with the “exit runway” command

• You handled @Anthony_Morgan’s runway change with me well, but I could have done with an extra “extend upwind” command as I was way too close to him

• I was sequenced to follow @Anthony_Morgan who was on right downwind for 36L, when I was for 36R. Sequencing is always based on the runway assignment, not physical proximity. I should have not been sequenced as I was number 1 for 36R.

• My landing clearance was late twice

• My runway change was handled poorly, and had to go around. In such cases where aircraft request runway changes on final or base where it doesn’t make sense to allow them to, the “unable” button is always there for you :)

• In the above, when I sent in my runway change command, you told me to “avoid unnecessary reports”

• After that, my go around was well handled! Absolutely perfect from then on :)

From @Anthony_Morgan:

• Pattern entry and clearance was good first round
  • The double runway change was quite okay. He could have extended @MarkONE further upwind.
  • he (@JM192G) got confused which runway are we on. Thats where things go wrong all the way until the end
  • Remain in pattern but given clear to land. Change that to TnG, instead got alr clear to land
  • No sequencing between @MarkONE and @CaptFoo when both on 36L

From @CaptFoo:

• immediate takeoff not needed and it was without left/right traffic
  • was given a clearance instead of sequence
  • after which, i was then given a correct sequence
  • then sequenced number 2 in future when the aircraft in front has already landed and took off, should have been 1

Thanks for wanting to join IFATC and we’ll see you in soon!

3 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback it is appreciated and good job picking up on my nerves/panicking 😂😂 I think my problem is when I see ground flashing that people have requested and tower at the same time I panic because I feel like people will be waiting to me to respond whilst I’m checking locations of other aircraft in the airspace before I approve their request before handling ground and vice versa as I’ve been told in the past that I’m to slow handling ground comms but it’s normally because I’m responding to tower comms.

I’ll open again shortly is it okay if I tag yourself and those you brought along who have left feedback and try again?

Thank you and look forward to joining the team,

Jason

3 Likes

sure thing

Thank you appreciate that!

Jason

Hello Pilots,

• Pattern instructions
  • Sequencing
  • Transition of airspace
  • Runway changes

Thank You,

Jason @MarkONE @Anthony_Morgan @CaptFoo @Baldeagle1 @IF787

2 Likes

Sorry as I’ve got an early day tomorrow, I’m just lazing in bed and about to sleep.

As compensation, I’m roping in other IFATC members on top of the original 2 :)
@TheAviationGallery @MilkTea @Anthony_Morgan @CaptFoo

1 Like

No problem thank you I appreciate that enjoy your day

1 Like

night*

I wish my day has more hours :(

Ahh my apologies lol enjoy the remainder of your night.

ill join in 30mins ish

1 Like

rip game crashed

1 Like