Jjeanneb's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ KSFO

Like this post or reply if you are interested in getting mentioned 1HR before I open up the towers.

Dear Infinite Flight community, after rejoining the virtual flight sim world, I want to join the ATC side of stuff, since I’ve always taken an interest in controlling traffic. I’m in the process of learning the ATC handbook for the written exam, but I also want to continue to practice my ATC skills in preparation for if/when I become a IFATC Staff Member, and for my practical exam.

I will be opening up the two of the 3 Bay Area airports throughout the rest of the month: San Francisco International Airport, then Metropolitan Oakland Airport.

CURRENT/NEXT SESSION
APRT: KSFO, San Francisco International
FREQS: (Tower 120.5, Ground 121.8)
RWYS: LNDG 10B, DPRT 10R (Subject to change due to weather)
TIME: 2024-02-23T09:00:00Z2024-02-23T18:00:00Z

THINGS TO DO
Regular Departure/Arrivals (Use SID/STARs!)
Pattern Work, Transitions, Pushback Conflicts
Runway Changes, Go Arounds

FUTURE SESSIONS
KSFO, San Francisco International (Tower 120.5, Ground 121.8)
- 2024-02-28T00:00:00Z2024-02-28T01:00:00Z

3 Likes

Heya, have you already gone through the application process for IFATC? If so, I’d recommend getting a trainer, as it’s more likely to get pilots to gain some feedback on top of having your own sessions. Looking forward to seeing you in IFATC in the future, good luck!

Heyo, I tried to do the written exam but failed. I am studying the ATC handbook and doing a lot of practice questions myself, hopefully in 2 weeks I pass!

1 Like

Signing up for an official IFATC Trainer is also a good way to go if you’re looking for good practice. To better prepare you for the written, in addition to review the manual I would recommend taking the IFATC Practice Written test as many times as you need until you feel comfortable to take the real thing. If you don’t already have the link, give your Recruiter a PM. 🤘🏼

Opening up KSFO Tower and Ground! I’ll be open until atleast 1800Z.

SESSION INFORMATION
Airport ICAO: KSFO (San Francisco Intl)
Runways In Use: LNDG RWYS 28L AND 28R, DEPT RWYS 28L.
Server: Training

ATIS INFORMATION ALPHA
SFO ATIS INFO A 1556Z. 00000KT 10SM BKN100 BKN180 11/09 A3016 (THREE ZERO ONE SIX). LNDG RWYS 28L AND 28R, DEPT RWYS 28L. ADVS YOU HAVE INFO A.

KSFO Tower and Ground is now closed. Thank you for those who came! I hope to see you guys tomorrow at 1945z.

Sorry for missing yesterday’s schedule!
I’ve also taken the liberty to move my future schedule all to KSFO from KOAK, so just check the original post.

I will open up later today 0000z until 0100z.

Hope to see some of you guys there!
@AviationChampion @Johannes

1 Like

I’m up for that as I do need to get some landings in

1 Like

Can‘t be there sorry, since 00Z is 1am local for me :(

1 Like

KSFO Tower & Ground (120.5 & 121.8) is open!

SESSION INFORMATION
Airport ICAO: kSFO (San Francisco International)
Runways In Use: LNDG RWYS 28L AND 28R, DEPT RWYS 28L
Server: Training

MENTIONS
@voltanicMercuay0 @AviationChampion

Hey there @anon20041453 so for this are you doing pattern for and transitions? i will see if i could join if i am not caught up on anything

Hey, yes I am doing pattern work/transitions!

1 Like

KSFO Tower and Ground is now closed. I appreciate the handful of you guys who came! I hope to see some of you guys again on the next session this Friday, 1700-1800z.

MENTIONS
Want to be mentioned 1-2 hours before I open? Reply to this message to be added to the ping list!

You can ping me when you open

KSFO Tower & Ground (120.5 & 121.8) is open!

SESSION INFORMATION
Airport ICAO: KSFO (San Francisco International Airport)
Runways in Use: LNDG RWYS 10L AND 10R, DEPT RWYS 10R

MENTIONS
@voltanicMercuay0 @AviationChampion @Johannes @Playboii_Dray

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.