JFK-SYD flight, what plane did you use and how did it go?

Once attempted a flight from KJFK to YSSY in an A380 with a typical passenger load. Halfway through the flight, my calculations showed I would not reach YSSY with a safe margin of fuel. Diverted to Nadi International with 3 hours of fuel to spare.

Hello everyone!! My flight has started!!! Feel free to track it on LiveFlight! I’m on Casual Server and my callsign is JFK-SYD, in a 777-200LR in the Delta livery! Let’s hope I make it!image

1 Like

Once again Good Luck, hope all goes well :)

Thanks!!! I have enough fuel to get me through the night where I live, so let’s cross our fingers and hope for the best!

1 Like

Give us the link i want to find. :)

Actually, the 77L in game cant seem to hold enough fuel. I have flown it from Atlanta to Johannesburg and I had 7 minutes left in tanks, flew from Auckland to Doha and had 15 minutes left. I would have used the 787 as I have completed long hauls with it no problem! Keep in mind that I also had my fuel on 100% and watched my climb. Just think in my opinion if I had a little more had wind wouldn’t have made it!

Here is the link to the flight https://www.liveflightapp.com/?f=b0ba1e6f-583b-45cd-9a11-168cc9e2d6f7&s=5f3fdc11-35b8-4268-832f-42f1c6539ab9

1 Like

Flying VFR! No destination set, oh well then!

Have you step climb? I flew the same atlanta to jburg route and have 4 hours of fuel remaining…

1 Like

I’ve flown that route a few times and have had well over 3 hrs of fuel left every time even after my plane had been circling for some time because i was asleep…

1 Like

funny I flew that same route of KATL-FAOR and finished with 2 hours extra fuel. Might want to reinstall the app. Corrupted fuel flow numbers is an actual thing as I found out with the F18.

1 Like

Your safest choice is to go with the 777-200LR as it has the longest range of all the airframes in IF!

Update!

The flight has gone well!! We’re 3216 miles out cruising at FL320 and Mach 0.87! We have about 6:01 hours left in flight, and 8:20 hours left of fuel! Thank you guys for the support and tips! And thank you to the person who provided the LiveFlight link!!

It’s a bug, I do have YSSY set but idk what LiveFlight is doing

1 Like

I would use either the 747, 787, or A380. Those are the three planes with the longest range.

1 Like

this topic is 3 months old and you also forgot about the 777 but i do agree with you those heavies have some serious range!

Oh, oops. I didn’t notice that the topic was so old. If the topic was already at the 3 month mark, why was it still open? Don’t topics posted in General close after 3 months?

1 Like

Yes but by date count this topic has not reached 3 months yet, that is why it has remained open.

Oh, alright. Got it. Again, sorry about posting on an old topic. I know how people don’t really like that.

1 Like

You should be fine, it was an honest mistake. Happens all the time.