JFK & EWR Storm Diversions

There’s a huge storm brewing on the upper east coast and it’s currently affecting the two major airports in the New York area. EWR and JFK arrivals are primarily being diverted to BOS but some are now being diverted to BDL and I believe PVD.

Here are some diversions: image

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Time to do some flying in the New York region!

Also, it was raining so hard that I had to put two plastic bags over my shoes and a plastic bag over my head. I had brand new shoes on too… Lol

3 Likes

my flight home from school got delayed
feelsbadman

I got a Flash Flood Warning about 15 minutes ago. The thunder is getting worse, too.

I’m still waiting for the storm here. Looks like it’s going to be a terrible night.

Oh yeah. My house is being flooded! Few flights above my house now. Trees look like about to fall, just like Sandy. Hoping Brother and Dad will get home safely.

1 Like

Yep… There goes a tree

1 Like

Stay safe! :)

2 Likes

Not windy over here… Where are you?

In Matawan NJ

1 Like

Welp, I’m screwed. There’s a tree near my house that is leaning at a 65°-70° angle. Hope it doesn’t get blown over, because it will knock out the power.

1 Like

Thank goodness…My dad got home, waiting for my brother…

1 Like

Stay safe. Seems like it’s gonna be a terrible night. On the bright side, my house probably won’t be flooded. It’s elevated a couple feet.

2 Likes

Well water isn’t getting in front door again. But the stormed seemed to calm down a bit.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Here are some more diversions and some aircraft holding over Providence

Storm calmed down a lot, with no wind, and barely thunder or lighting. But still pouring.

Flights south of the New York area are now being diverted to Philly and some to DC.

Everything from the North is coming to Boston from what I can see.

2 Likes

Wow nice an EI A332 that was bound for JFK

1 Like