Jetbridges automatically attach to 2L door for widebody and 757 aircraft

The first picture attached is an A330 spawned at a gate in JFK in its correct parking position and you can see it is at quite an awkward angle to attach to the 1L door. That’s because most widebody aircraft as well as the 757 attach to the 2L door like shown in the other 3 photos. Somehow I managed to get it to attach to the 2L door while in OGG and the IRL picture is how jetbridges are attached to the 757 IRL. The last picture is also how jetbridges attach at LHR in IF which is standard practice.

The feature I’m requesting is either to make it attach to the 2L door by default on all widebody aircraft plus the 757 for single jetbridge gates or have the ability to choose which door the jetbridge should attach to all in the efforts to increase realism as this is standard practice for ease of boarding (easier to manage first class pre-departure service without boarding economy passengers interfering). Obviously the 767-300 cannot do this because the 2L door is at the very back of the aircraft.

IMG_0017
IMG_0009

IMG_0019

I would like to see this feature on IF. Here is a 757 in SEQM (sorry for the pic quality)

2 Likes

Voted! Also bumping this up.

3 Likes

It would also be cool if we could choose which service doors to attach to instead of aircraft specific, but great idea.

4 Likes

IMG_1831

We want and need this.

3 Likes

Cause I rarely see the ground crew or gate agent put the jetway or air stairs to 1L on wide body’s.

1 Like

Like this A330neo at KJFK. Jetway not linked to the L1 door.

3 Likes

A330 neo looks fantastic

2 Likes

Really does.

2 Likes

2 Likes

what airport and gate is that at

Mexico city the gate let me get back to you on that.

voted (10)

I’ve been waiting for this topic for so long haha!!

1 Like

Caught at JFK. Hawaiian Airlines used to arrive to Terminal 5

1 Like

i haven’t voted for anything but it says 0 votes left dunno what it means?

1 Like

Check “my votes” because you might’ve voted for something by mistake or inform the admins if it still doesn’t work.

And it’s coming! 24.2 will allow pilots to choose which door the jetbridge will connect with.

Has this been confirmed? I really hope so, this would add realism to IF