JetBlue Going to Europe?

I stumbled upon this news article from yesterday, and I’m intrigued. Basically, Fox News talks about how the airline may be planning to add new Europe flights hinted by the rumor of B6 shopping for long-range aircraft, interviews, and other facts. What do you guys think, would you like to see blue in Europe or want them to stay in the U.S?

7 Likes

It’s quite the interesting concept. European low cost carriers are planning the same thing in vice versa, utilizing the a321LR that is planned to come out.

4 Likes

Umm, so Jetblue will eventually go to Europe… Jetblue pretty much has every destination in the US and expanding down… So if they like money, they will expand and get some of the European traffic! :}

2 Likes

Also the CEO or something is from England… So he wants to operate there

1 Like

And the CEO also did work with Azul down in Brazil, which now has flights to the US using A330s… if he does the same thing to B6, we may see some A330s or A321neoLRs in the B6 fleet soon. They do have some large FF bases and demand in BOS and, to a lesser extent, JFK. However, JFK has so much international traffic BOS seems like the more likely option.

1 Like

They’d need a LOT of fuel for that… Well I suppose if BA’s A318’s can fly from London to New York (I think it was OP who did that flight) then I suppose jet blue can do it…

I would actually also love to see Jetblue flying to PHNL and to Asia and Australia :)

I don’t think it fits them ‘JetBlue Europe’

1 Like

They are getting the A321LR, so no problem ;)

It Would probably be Jetblue EU (JBEU)

I dont know… Just guessing :)

And it could be jet green because you know, Europe, green? No? Ok jet green instead of jet blue

I read this. Interesting. We are seeing more and more local European carriers set to fly to the US this summer, so who knows! Wonder what they will be using to fly the routes.

2 Likes

Well for South America they have Azul, so maybe a different translation for blue, but there would be so many different languages from Europe to choose from.

Would definitely love to see an American low-cost carrier flying around Europe.

I think JetBlue should establish a permanent European base and have flights all throughout different parts of Europe. Norwegian Air Shuttle (NAX) offers flights between the French Caribbean islands or smaller European cities to the US - the same should happen for JetBlue. Due to JetBlue’s high reputation, while still being a low cost carrier, starting routes to Europe will definitely create a lot of profit for them.

Plus, I, and many others, will be more willing to travel to Europe at a cheaper costs while still flying on a well known and well respected airline.

2 Likes

JetBlue should go to Europe and show off how a true low-cost airline should be ;)

4 Likes

Maybe if they go to Europe we’ll finally get the B6 A321 😢

3 Likes

I really hope they are going, just more reason to add the JetBlue a321 to IF. 🤞

3 Likes

I wish they would. I really do have a soft spot for them.

1 Like

Would be an interesting concept. It is working somewhat well for WestJet. Investors might not like yield dilution, but it should be balanced out with Unit Cost savings.

2 Likes

Haha and show them how to land softly!

3 Likes