JetBlue Expands out of Richmond!

New Routes for Richmond!

JetBlue recently announced three new routes out of Richmond, they’re adding these in anticipation on the new concourse expansion.

Richmond - Los Angeles

This is a huge leap for Richmond, this route will begin December 18th, 2020, and will be operated once daily. As of now, this route expected to not have jetBlue’s MINT service, and will be using A320s.

Richmond - Las Vegas

Another huge leap, Richmond will begin service to Las Vegas! The service will begin December 18th, 2020, and will be operated once daily! As of now, this route expected to not have jetBlue’s MINT service, and will be using A320s.

Richmond - Tampa

JetBlue is adding a Tampa route most likely in competition with Southwest’s Tampa route (not currently operating due to covid), and also competing with Allegiants route to the nearby Tampa airport. This route will begin November 19th, 2020, and will be operated once daily. As of now, this route expected to not have jetBlue’s MINT service, and will be using A320s.

My View on This

This is one huge leap for Richmond, Los Angeles is now the farthest route to open from Richmond since United started their Denver route a few years ago. These new routes are most likely arriving because of Concourse A’s new expansion soon. JetBlue has also started routes with other airports, which will be provided in the link below.

12 Likes

I think JetBlue is taking a very interesting strategy here. It’s high risk for sure, but it would seem there banking on a relatively quick return to normal and are trying to take over a lot of routes while there competitors are down. I am as a whole though suprised how many routes airlines are adding before they even have there normal ones back. United gave us a few flights down to Tampa, but still haven’t reinstated SFO, mainline to Huston, more than one Daily flight to a few other places, it’s kinda weird to me but obviously they know something I don’t.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is a bit odd with them adding these new routes, but I believe this is mainly because of the Concourse A expansion at RIC about to be completed. Southwest had stopped their TPA flight and MCO flights out of RIC, which probably explains why jetBlue added a TPA flight, likely trying to compete with Southwest and trying to get them out of the market. I guarantee in the next week or so, you will see Southwest start their Tampa flight again. If not, Southwest will continue to lose their presence at RIC.

1 Like

RDU got a big expansion
2 Likes

Yas!

More Blue comin to Vegas!

1 Like

To add on, while Richmond seems like a risky move, It’s pretty smart. Around 25% of people living in Las Vegas has family members originally from the east coast somewhere in the Virginia, North / South Carolina area. That would include me. It’s also a big destination for tourists now from the west coast.

1 Like

Yes! Finally a direct flight to Richmond!
Not surprised LAX is the route, they are moving their main SoCal ops there from Long Beach

1 Like

Can’t wait to fly these routes! Oh by the way, long time no see Yuta. How have you been?

Finally I wouldn’t have to fly Allegiant out of KROA to get to FL!

1 Like

Lucky you! Allegiant isn’t really the best airline out there. 👀

I mean is allegiant that bad? There like worse US Airlines out there

1 Like

I thought Allegiant was the best out of all the ULCCs. I mean idk Iv’e never flown them, but that’s what I’ve heard

US Airways was not bad at all I loved them they were my FAV before the merged… Very Professional liveries and great service!

Allegiant overcharges for extras. It is a budget airline for a reason.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.