JetBlue Announces New LAX Routes, Leaves LGB Completely

Austin is like a focus for lots of US airlines now. Competition is getting heated!

Hey I would prefer JetBlue at LGB but what can you do, at least Southwest will be expanding their base at LGB.

I’d prefer it at SNA or ONT (since it’s no longer at LGB)

1 Like

sad KBUR noises

2 Likes

Ok well you don’t have many gates either, which is why it’s dumb the city isn’t letting the airport expand with the new relocated terminal they will be building

1 Like

Yea ik KBUR doesn’t really have that much space left lol 🙄

1 Like

literally as i was typing lol

But yes I agree, 14 gates just isn’t enough

Yeah, even SNA is running low on space. And they don’t have commercial flights 11pm-7am

KBUR doesn’t have them 10pm to 7am. That’s a RIP. Also, if southwest added flights to hawaii from the la area, do you think it would be possible from KBUR?(kinda off topic lol)

1 Like

I could just imagine. SNA-HNL, LGB-HNL, LAX-HNL, ONT-HNL, BUR-HNL

2 Likes

Yes, the MAX could probably work given BUR’s kind of short runway?

Or this with their new slots

1 Like

JetBlue has a BUR-JFK flight with their A321, and the 737-800 can make the distance to hawaii, so I think the -800 would work too.

2 Likes

Dang this is huge news. This is why I come here for aviation news.

1 Like

Yeah, they could do that. I know they can at SNA, so defined BUR

sorry I had to post this

1 Like

Lol 😂
It’s a shame though

I feel like JetBlue’s strength is in the triangle New York, Florida, and California market anyways, so I think it’s a smart move to head over to LAX. That being said this is my very not-expert opinion

I don’t see SNA-HNL ever happening continental and Aloha did it but it wasn’t profitable

1 Like

Hawaiian operates this route with their A321neo.

1 Like