JetBlue Announces 24 New Routes - First Flights to Miami, Key West, & Los Cabos

JetBlue has announced 24 new routes and three new destinations

Today, JetBlue has announced another massive route expansion including its first entrance into Miami (MIA), Key West (EYW), and Los Cabos (SJD) to help generate revenue and capture traffic.

All of these routes are already on sale:

JetBlue enters Miami (MIA):

JetBlue, who has a large base in the neighboring Fort Lauderdale (FLL), has announced its first flights into Miami International Airport. All four of these routes begin February 11, 2021.

• 2x Daily Los Angeles (LAX) (Mint A321)

• 4x Daily New York (JFK)

• 4x Daily Newark (EWR)

• 4x Daily Boston (BOS)

New York, Newark, and Boston to Miami will be on the A320 while Los Angeles sees the Mint A321.

Miami is notably one of American Airlines’ hub. Although JetBlue and American announced a partnership earlier this year, it only covers the Northeast airports, so it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

JetBlue Announces Key West (EYW):

I’m most looking forward to this one. JetBlue will enter the Florida Keys with two new routes to Key West, one of which is unserved.

Both routes begin February 11, 2021 and run through April 2021, operating with the Embraer 190:

• 4x weekly New York (JFK)

• 4x weekly Boston (BOS)

Again, this somewhat involves American Airlines. Ironically, today American relaunches its Boston to Key West route which will run through April 2021, so we’ll see if this has any effect on it.

JetBlue enters Los Cabos (SJD):

Los Cabos has been a popular leisure destinations for Americans during COVID-19. JetBlue will be joining in on the traffic with its first routes to the Mexican destination.

Both begin June 17, 2021 on the Airbus A320:

• 1x Daily Los Angeles (LAX)

• 1x Daily New York (JFK)

Raleigh/Durham (RDU) Expansion:

JetBlue is notably expanding out of Raleigh/Durham (again), a major Delta Air Lines Focus City. These five routes begin February 11, 2021:

• 1x Daily Austin (AUS)

• 1x Daily Jacksonville (JAX)

• 1x Daily Orlando (MCO)

• 1x Daily Tampa (TPA)

• 1x Daily Newark (EWR)

These two routes begin March 4, 2021:

• 1x Daily Las Vegas (LAS)

• 1x Daily San Francisco (SFO)

Lately, JetBlue has been pushing for increased presence out Raleigh/Durham, possibly to compete with Delta?

The RDU to Austin flight is very notable because this past weekend Delta “permanently cut” the route.

More Routes Into Cancun (CUN):

Cancun, which is likely the number 1 international destination for Americans, is receiving more flights with JetBlue, including its first route to Las Vegas. All begin March 4, 2021:

• 3x Weekly Austin (AUS)

• 3x Weekly Las Vegas (LAS)

• 3x Weekly Nashville (BNA)

• 3x Weekly Sacramento (SMF)

More New Routes:

Finally, JetBlue is also launching several more routes to complement existing destinations in its network:

• 1x Daily New York (JFK) to Bogota, Columbia (BOG) starting early 2021

• 1x Daily New York (JFK) to Guatemala City (GUA) from April 15 (previously announced)

• 1x Daily Newark (EWR) to Atlanta (ATL) from February 11

• 1x Daily Austin (AUS) to San Francisco from February 11

• 1x Daily Los Angeles (LAX) to Jacksonville (JAX) from March 4

Route Map:

Image Credits/Press Release

Image: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/678995/n249jb-jetblue-airways-embraer-erj-190-190-100/

Press Release: http://blueir.investproductions.com/investor-relations/press-releases/2020/12-17-2020-130220331

What do you think of JetBlue’s 24 new routes and its first entrance into Miami, Key West, and Los Cabos?

22 Likes

I just saw the photo from Miami International about 1 minute ago and I come and see this post! I’m excited due to me being a South Florida native!

1 Like

I am excited for this, but I think they will focus much more on Fort Lauderdale and spend most of their money in FLL. It is interesting to see hem at MIA soon

2 Likes

This is exciting! JetBlue continues to grow and expand and the A220’s will be a great way them to do this. MIA could possibly be an un-tapped market for them even though FLL is so close. The idea of island hopping is interesting, though. I never thought of JetBlue as that type of airline. Although if they begin flights to Key West, that’ll really be wild as they’d have to start competing with Silver, American, United, Delta, etc depending on the destinations. My roommate is from Key West, though, so I bet he’d love to see some shiny blue new 220’s there!

1 Like

Also, @ishrion is mentioned here!

2 Likes

And the final riddle:

The announcement will be in 18 hours at 9:00 AM EST

Some of JetBlue’s new routes appear to have been leaked:

• Jacksonville to Los Angeles and Raleigh/Durham

Key West confirmed, but on the E-190.

EYW to both BOS and JFK.

1 Like

Wow, that’s huge. 😳
That was actually the last route I was expecting, but it’ll be very interesting to see how it works out! Especially since no airlines currently fly between JFK/BOS and Key West! (Although Newark is sort of close).

3 Likes

American began BOS-EYW last year temporarily but it’s resuming exactly tomorrow:

But with the JetBlue partnership, I think we’ll see AA drop BOS-EYW in favor of JetBlue.

2 Likes

So exciting for JAX!!! Our first California route in a long time

3 Likes

JetBlue’s route expansion appears to have been completely leaked.

Effective 2/11/21:

• AUS-SFO
  • BOS- EYW (Key West, FL)
  • BOS- MIA (Miami, FL)
  • EWR-ATL
  • EWR-MIA
  • EWR-RDU
  • JFK-BOG
  • JFK-EYW (seasonal)
  • JFK-MIA
  • LAX-MIA
  • RDU-AUS
  • RDU-JAX
  • RDU-MCO
  • RDU-TPA

Effective 3/4/21:

• AUS-CUN
  • BNA-CUN
  • LAS-CUN
  • LAX-JAX
  • RDU-LAS
  • RDU-SFO
  • SMF-CUN

Effective 4/15/21:

• JFK- GUA (Guatemala City - previously announced and postponed)

Effective 6/17/21:

• JFK- SJD (San José del Cabo)
  • LAX-SJD

Source: FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miami Announcement Tomorrow.

New destinations of SJD, EYW, and MIA. Big RDU, CUN, EWR expansions. Most of these are already for sale.

I’ll update the main post if this is all verified tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

JetBlue recently added a few Florida routes from PHL. I wonder if they have bigger plans to compete with American and expand their operations at PHL even further…

1 Like

And the leak was correct.

24 new routes with JetBlue’s first service to Miami, Key West, and Los Cabos.

http://blueir.investproductions.com/investor-relations/press-releases/2020/12-17-2020-130220331

JetBlue enters Miami (MIA):

All four of these routes begin February 11, 2021.

• 2x Daily Los Angeles (LAX) (Mint A321)

• 4x Daily New York (JFK)

• 4x Daily Newark (EWR)

• 4x Daily Boston (BOS)

JetBlue Announces Key West (EYW):

Both routes begin February 11, 2021 and run through April 2021:

• 4x weekly New York (JFK)

• 4x weekly Boston (BOS)

JetBlue enters Los Cabos (SJD):

Both begin June 17, 2021:

• 1x Daily Los Angeles (LAX)

• 1x Daily New York (JFK)

Raleigh/Durham (RDU) Expansion:

These five routes begin February 11, 2021:

• 1x Daily Austin (AUS)

• 1x Daily Jacksonville (JAX)

• 1x Daily Orlando (MCO)

• 1x Daily Tampa (TPA)

• 1x Daily Newark (EWR)

These two routes begin March 4, 2021:

• 1x Daily Las Vegas (LAS)

• 1x Daily San Francisco (SFO)

More Routes Into Cancun (CUN):

All begin March 4, 2021:

• 3x Weekly Austin (AUS)

• 3x Weekly Las Vegas (LAS)

• 3x Weekly Nashville (BNA)

• 3x Weekly Sacramento (SMF)

More:

• 1x Daily New York (JFK) to Bogota, Columbia (BOG) starting early 2021

• 1x Daily New York (JFK) to Guatemala City (GUA) from April 15 (previously announced)

• 1x Daily Newark (EWR) to Atlanta (ATL) from February 11

• 1x Daily Austin (AUS) to San Francisco from February 11

• 1x Daily Los Angeles (LAX) to Jacksonville (JAX) from March 4

2 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing!

1 Like

JetBlue is taking over the world at this point.

JetBlue inaugurated Miami, Key West, and several other routes today

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.