JetBlue a320 suffers cockpit window crack

Check this out:

2 cracked windows in the past two weeks. Jeez.

3 Likes

Its almost like they need to make these windows with different layers.

Yes I know they are layered. I had to put this because sarcasm didnt come across.

13 Likes

Yes exactly Chris. I was thinking of multi-layered windows myself the other day…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they do. I know that they do with the passenger windows, but I don’t know about the cockpit windows?

2 Likes

In the video on the article the FA or Pilot hard to tell says there are “Multiple, Multiple layers…” so I would trust that…

OOf these windows needs extra protection

2 Likes

N534JB is only 16 years old, which is not that old for a plane.

Which side of the window was broken? The captain side of the co-pilot side?

2 Likes

Onions have layers, ogres have layers, plane windows have layers! 2018, not looking all that great so far, let’s bring this up. Was it a bird strike? A320s and birds, man.

Probably the air pressure outside the plane or the quality of the window itself. I don’t think birds can fly at FL320. XD

2 Likes

Oh, this happened at cruising? I thought that it happened at climb. Guess birds don’t hate A320s as much as we thought xD

3 Likes

Birds only hate A340s, mainly because they keep running into the back of them. 😉

There are a few that can, although they’re highly unlikely to hit any planes. See here

EDIT: Here’s a list of high-altitude bird strikes.

2 Likes

I checked the website and it looks like only the common crane can fly higher than FL320

But you are being off-topic.

1 Like

Wait there’s a bird that can reach 32,000 ft!

Well I put it here because I didn’t think a topic would need to be created for that! I know I’m off topic, I said it myself, rude rude rude,but your Welcome.

I just made an edit with a stackexchange list of planes that have had bird strikes at high altitudes, and there are a couple more there.

2 Likes

16 year old is not young for a plane.

To me it is XD

I don’t call planes “old” unless they are 25 years or older

Considering that the C130 plane that crashed recently was approaching 60, wouldn’t exactly call this plane old ;)

This plane is certainly not old. I fly a C150 that is about 50 years old, and it’s still works perfectly fine, I doubt its an age issue.

1 Like

No they still hate A320’s a lot