JetBlue 796 | Failed Climb... Twice

Hello everyone! Today, I decided to fly Boston to San Juan. Well, at least tried.

JetBlue 796
A320-200
KBOS-TJSJ

Pushing 5 minutes early for 22R

Taking off with a heavy load, barely making it before an overrun and a near tailstike

After being unable to climb without a near stall, I decide to turn back and take of a load. Here is JetBlue 796 turning base onto 22R.

Lining up for the second time on 22R. With 2 hours taken off my load. According to SimBrief, it should be able to climb to 35000.

Having to turn back because of a stall on climbing, I had to make a severe emergency landing due to the rapid decent. Passengers were injured, I made a sharp left turn into 27. Landing smoothly even with the heavy load.

22 Likes

The last three are fantastic! It’s nice to read such a detailed description of what’s happening in each photo. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Nice shots! This happens to me aswell sometimes, but usually only with the 737 family, weird

2 Likes

Love the story line (even if it’s not a nice on) and I love the photos. Especially the 2nd last ine

2 Likes

Nice pictures. Happened to me once in a generic A320 (meant to be Laudamotion) climbing out of Thessaloniki on my way to Vienna. I was climbing and the stall warning came on and I was at about 4500ft agl so I just put it all the way up to 100% power and it was fine after that

1 Like

I actually went 100% but still no climb and i was stuck at 150kts till 5000 and started reducing speed so I returned both times :), happened two times, even with a lighter load.

I did play it realistically though and returned 😂

2 Likes

Yeah you must have been really heavy

1 Like

“Mission failed well get it next time”

2 Likes

When you see that you can not climb

1 Like

Nice photos, not nice story.

1 Like

good idea. Write some stories, I will do that.

1 Like

Awesome 🙌🏻 thx for being so detailed

1 Like

Yes, my reaction when i started stalling

1 Like

Very cool pictures and story along with them!

1 Like