Jet2, Ryanair, EasyJet...

What are your thought on these “Budget Airlines”?

Bad or Good? Why?

Which do You Prefer?

Any Bad experiences?

Personally, Jet2, I have only ever experienced great service from the Cabin Crew, hardly any delays. Ryanair for me comes in 2nd, I Love the aircraft, a whole fleet of 738’s, and then EasyJet, comes at the bottom, the amount of delays we have been through…

So… Your thoughts?

3 Likes

I will be flying on EasyJet tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it went.

4 Likes

Great! I’d like to here how it goes :)

You get what you pay for. I’ve flown on Easyjet and Wizzair, as well as numerous AirAsia subsidiaries, Jetstar and Cebu Pacific. All of my experiences have been great. I don’t mind flying short haul low cost flights, I just pass the time by looking out the window or playing on my iPad. I’ve been on long haul low cost flights twice (Jetstar 788 DPS-BNE and CP A333 SYD-MNL), and I just slept mostly. The only thing is that they cancel/delay flights easily. Once we had to stay one more night because CP cancelled our flight.

4 Likes

I have flown both EasyJet and RyanAir and my experiences were totally different.

RyanAir: Charged you on every possible thing and the staff wasn’t that welcoming and pleasant.

EasyJet: Very Enjoyable ride and they were there to help whenever you needed it.

5 Likes

Hehe, Ryanair, beautiful Aircraft, have to pay twenty pound for a pea.

3 Likes

Don’t forget that they charge like 40 euros if you don’t print out the boarding passes at home…

3 Likes

Really?!?! Thats crazy, According to the Legend of My Dad, you had to pay to go to the toilet, is this true? I have no clue.

Never flown with Jet2 so cant comment on them.

Not a fan of Ryan Air, as they charge for lot of ‘extras’ also what is know as ‘standard’ in other LoCos, also I dont find them very convient as they dont fly into a destinations main airport and so you often need to have longer transfers.

I often use Easyjet for flying around Europe for work as well as pleasure. They fly to the main airports and the price and service is competative.

Disclaimer: A friend of mine used to fly as Capt with Easyjet but now flys with British Airways as a First Officer.

2 Likes

110% Agree with you on that one.

2 Likes

That is not totally true to my knowledge

It probably isn’t, I guess we will never Know if the Legend of Dad Is True :(

1 Like

Budget airlines can be great. Passengers will always want to get from A to B as quickly and efficiently as possible without fuss, low cost carriers are perfect for this. Because of their network model, budget rarely have a hub. Say I want to go from Tel Aviv to Gibraltar. I hop on an easyJet - no qualms, few hours and job done. However, this is where conventional airlines fall short - because they operate a ‘hub, trunk and spoke’ model, meaning that if I get on a BA flight, I will likely have to connect from Tel Aviv to Gibraltar through Heathrow or Gatwick, likely incurring a layover timed drawing out the process. So all in all, as businesses, low cost carriers can be damaging to the running of conventional airlines, especially on low demand routes - customers almost always go for the option that is easiest.

That said, theres a reason budget airlines are nicknamed ‘no frills airlines’ - the service isn’t ‘all that’ - My father affectionately coined the term SleasyJet to describe easyJet, as everything about their service seems to be extra. despite this I think customers should know what they are booking, they shouldn’t seem so shocked when the service can often appear basic, unlike perhaps an Emirates flight where you can talk to a flight attendant about horse racing in Dubai (I have actually done this). The term ‘you get what you pay for’ is always applicable to air travel, especially with budget groups.

So to summarise and conclude, Low cost carriers are fantastic and revolutionary for the customer as travel is simplified (where do you think easyJet got their name from), moreover the business model of a budget airline is revolutionary as they all have a cost focus approach for a huge market segment. However, they are a trouble for higher cost airlines - take a look at BA, they have massively modified their short haul aircraft and the way they run the service on shorter flights, in efforts to compete with these cheaper airlines, favoured by the customer more and more.

I’ve only ever had one bad experience with budget airlines, and it kept happening over and over again. And that was Ryanair’s landings! Rough as hell, every time!

3 Likes

I like EasyJet because it’s a good price and I’ve met the most hilarious flight attendants on my flight

1 Like

I’ve never flown on Jet2, so I can’t say anything about them.
About Ryanair, you get what you pay for: their luggage policy is one of the best among the low cost airlines and they’ve the cheapest fares: last november I took a round trip from BCN to BGY for 10€.
About easyJet, their luggage police is worse than the Ryanair one. I haven’t had any bad experience with them but their fares aren’t as adjusted as Ryanair’s.
You should consider too Norwegian, Transavia, Vueling and WizzAir.

3 Likes

Easyjet are decent. The other two sucks

3 Likes

You pay for what you get

Ryanair you can pay for a packet of Doritos and a large drink or go to Paris or nice or something but you get a crap flight where you literally just get a seat in a metal tube and get loads of other hidden fees or fly easyjet and Pay some more but you get more I prefer easy jet I have had a lot of more better experiences with them

But overall it is what you want to pay for

1 Like

I disagree with your rankings of Jet2 and Ryanair. For “Britain’s best airline” the cabin crew were very rude and I was given so little information during a 5 hour delay. Ryanair, the cabin crew don’t care about the passengers comfort but what do you expect when their paid so little to drive our fares down? The modern aircraft (compared to jet2 fleet with an average age of 24 years!!) pushes the airline to the top spot (and their excellent on time record)

1 Like

Ryanair is bad. When an airline tries to get permission to have standing passengers It says a lot about that airline.
Never flown with easyjet or Jet2.
Ive flown with wizzair once, the saftey demonstration they did was in Polish and ”english” however their english was the worst Ive ever heard. I could understand one word: lifejacket.
So I would not fly with them again since I’m not going go fly with an airline with crew that can’t speak english. A very importand thing to be able to do in that line of work.
Norwegian I only got possitve experienses from.

2 Likes

Nope, not true. It’s not a legend because thousands of people fly with them daily.

1 Like