Jet2 new route to Newark (Winter Season)

Jet2 is going to start flights this winter from London Stansted to Newark. The flights will be operated by the A330 which will have 329 seats.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/280412/jet2com-launches-four-new-york-trips-from-stansted&ved=0ahUKEwj537LksKHUAhUqC8AKHeOVBMoQqOcBCDMwAg&usg=AFQjCNFnLjDhzz7UFf0_AonT4GI3x0Q11w

8 Likes

New York and Newark are 2 totally different cities, I know they are 15 minutes away from each other though…

1 Like

15 minutes?!? That’s Hardly even a flight… 😂

1 Like

There is no scheduled service in between New York and Newark LOL, the drive is 15 minutes

1 Like

ohh, right. I’m guessing he means Newark in England… I’m not sure

1 Like

Nope, Newark New Jersey lol

Since when does Jet2 fly such a long flight?

1 Like

It says they are flying London to Newark, only about 7-8 hours

1 Like

They’re sourcing an A330 to fly the route :)

1 Like

Oh cool, maybe we will see Jet2 expand to a more diverse Airline in future.

1 Like

Good to see Jet2 making an appearance in the States, again.

I believe Jet2 offered flights to Glasgow and Leeds last winter from Newark also, if I recall correctly. Those flights were operated by the 757-200, however.

1 Like

This wasn’t a scheduled flight though…

I know, there are obviously no scheduled flights from LGA/JFK-EWR

Jet2 do this for 1/2 weeks in the winter from their hubs in the North as far as
I’m aware there is one ETOPS certified B757-200 in the Hollidays livery that does/did these flights

Both @Josh_Mcmunn and @Nathan are correct, as Jet2 did scheduled charters from both GLA and LBA as part of a winter shopping/holiday trip charter for the Christmas and Thanksgiving seasons, coinciding with both peak holiday shopping and Black Friday.

1 Like

I’ve been to Newark and it is one of my least favorite airports I’ve been to. But I’m glad to see the new route!

1 Like

They have utilised the AirTanker PFI A330/Voyager which allows civilian operators to lease RAF Voyager aircraft when the RAF don’t require them 👍🏻

1 Like

East Midlands (EMA) is also on the Newark schedule for Jet2 sometime later in the year.

1 Like

Ooh, I might see some come over my house if they are going to EMA!

They also did it from MAN/EGCC